585,954 active members*
4,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Spindle starts in windows explorer

Spindle starts in windows explorer

When I am in windows explore and I click on something my spindle starts up. How do I fix this.

If you are saying that you CNC setup is starting when it's not suppose to, it sounds like a serious safety issue.

I would unhook/unplug your machine while you are not using it, and be careful if you do, until the issue is fixed.

You might want to describe your machine, setup, software, and drivers so that someone might help you.

I agree, that is a safety hazard. The power to your spindle is controlled by a relay I assume? Get an E stop on there.

I have a TL511dn Bench top vertical mill with a DSPservo 511 and I am running Mach 3. I do understand the safty issue. But what can I do to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cut2spec View Post
    I have a TL511dn Bench top vertical mill with a DSPservo 511 and I am running Mach 3. I do understand the safty issue. But what can I do to fix this problem.
    Someone was just asking about this unit the other day looks rather homemade, I cannot believe someone would sell that without a e-stop. Ideally the e-stop should disconnect all power(electrical, air, flywheels and hydraulic) to anything which may provide energized motion. It says that it uses digital signal processing from what I understand that relies on a PID. I use PID controllers for heating process control they get wacked out sometimes if they are left on but the gas is turned off, the unit will have a hard time comepensating for a short term once it is restored. I would imagine that it is not used on the spindle control as that would most likely be a PWM of some sort or other as it says its infinetly variable. Could also be the paralell port acting up, I know that certain makes of computers don't give a full 5 volts to the parallel card, also I know that the new IE tends to stress my computers out more, maybe you are having a PSU issue with computer causeing a breif glitch.

my thoughts at least.
    Chris