584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Newbie wanting to cut simple AR15 and AR10 Fire Control Group

Newbie wanting to cut simple AR15 and AR10 Fire Control Group

I am converting a HF mini mill to CNC.. trYing to learn the process.. looking at buying Csmbam.
    Here is my deal..
    I don't have much experience with CAD...
    I have done lots in Visio.

So all I need is basickly oval pocket.. the radius of the corners is 1/2 of 7/16...

I did a little drawing in A3CAD..
    But I am nothe sure how to have a line intersect the radius of a circle.

The way I start would be make a 7/16 circle..
    The split it with a line.. then get rid of half the circle.
    Leaves me with one side and the corner.
    Not having much luck finding the tools to do thus..
    Is there a good entry level tutorial written or YouTube that can just get b me started. .

Re: Newbie wanting to cut simple AR15 and AR10 Fire Control Group

While it's possible to do what you want in CamBam, it's not easy. CamBam is a very easy to use CAM program, but it's CAD functionality is somewhat limited. I can't help you in A3CAD, never heard of it before. I can't even find it from a Google search.

There are a lot of free 2D CAD programs available, and a number of free 3D modeling programs. Fusion 360 is a free to hobbyists, full featured professional 3D modeling program, with full CAM functionality built in. You might try that one. A bit of a learning curve but worth the effort.

Spend the time to learn a CAD program because your CNC machine is going to be pretty much useless without CAD drawings to start from.

Re: Newbie wanting to cut simple AR15 and AR10 Fire Control Group

You mean this one buddy?

Attachment 356682

I think I can help you with this sir, I can even make my own version of M4A1 to be honest, using only a wood router CNC hehehe, if it`s not illegal to talk about guns on this forum then why not? right? MODS IS IT OK TO TALK GUNS HERE? @ the TS: I can help you on the codes and the 3D on it, if we have the same machine then I can just give you the codes and do it yourself, if not then we have a lot of code conversion to do to custom fit on your machine