584,800 active members*
4,603 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > incorporate 4th axis. help. simple task in my head but cant seem to implement it

incorporate 4th axis. help. simple task in my head but cant seem to implement it

so I have been using featurecam for a couple years now and only messing with it as mucha s I can due to being busy and life in general. my question is how does one incorporate the 4th axis in say a drill cycle and index a certain amount. I'm thinking about doing hard line g code to do cuz its an easy task but I want to do it via cam layout. any tutorials or advice, I'm sure its simple but looking for pointers
    thanks
    the blueprint is in my head but could draw it if necessary..lol

Re: incorporate 4th axis. help. simple task in my head but cant seem to implement it

Re: incorporate 4th axis. help. simple task in my head but cant seem to implement it

What is the difference between tool dominant and setup dominant

From featurecam's Help!!!
    Attachment 358264

thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time putting it into English. I have got this message myself and was hoping for somewhat of a dummy approach answer...lol...
    Also I was wondering is there a simple way to cut a given job in mirror image? I know it is in the transform option I think and have messed with this also a bit.
    thanks for all the replies.

I have similar problem. Just added a rotary table on the X-axis. Mach 3 operated all axis great but I can not get feature cam to simulated or to index the rotate table. I do not have a 4th axis folder in the posts directory.
    Pulling my hair out.
    Thanks for help and merry christmas

attach your model file and ill program an example for you