584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machinist responses needed!

Subject:
    You’re Invited to Participate in a Research Study about Machinists
    My name is Dr. Catherine Daus, and I am a professor at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. I have done research with machinists for many years and am currently undertaking another study. Your experience as a machinist makes you very valuable to us. We are asking you to take two surveys, which take about 45 to an hour to complete. Your participation is so critical to help us learn more about the stress and emotions of being a machinist – hopefully in the future to help other machinists.
    As well, we are trying to find people who ‘tried’ to become or be a machinist, and didn’t ‘stick with it’ (either voluntarily or involuntarily). This is to compare actual machinists to those for whom the job wasn’t a good fit. If you have any suggestions or know anyone who might meet this criterion, please let me know or forward the invitation to them. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.
    STEP #1: Access the first questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TPG5FS6
    STEP #2 – Access the second questionnaire using code 13113-001-44 & password mturk: https://www.mhsassessments.com/(wydc...55)/logon.aspx
    Thank you, Dr. Catherine Daus
    Professor in the Department of Psychology
    Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
    [email protected]

Re: Machinist responses needed!

What makes someone a "machinist"? Is this someone who has a job using machines, someone who can make any tool or die, a hobbyist who uses machines in their spare time, or just someone who identifies as a machinist for whatever reason?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Machinist responses needed!

Hey, All machinists should take the test, Especially the guys who can't keep it kool.....
    Been doing this too long

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    What makes someone a "machinist"? Is this someone who has a job using machines, someone who can make any tool or die, a hobbyist who uses machines in their spare time, or just someone who identifies as a machinist for whatever reason?
    Hi awerby, thanks for your question and my apologies for the ambiguity. We're essentially looking for anyone who makes or modifies parts to conform to a blueprint of sorts (fitters, turning hands, millhands, grinders etc.). Additionally, we are seeking responses from those who are employed within the field. Not hobbyists per se. I hope this helps!