585,602 active members*
3,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Fordtman Guest

My experience with an Acctek 6090 router

This may help someone looking for a Chinese made CNC router at reasonable cost.

I looked at the ShopBot CNC machine and many others but eventually decided on an Acctek AKG6090 with a rotary attachment for a number of reasons. The cost was reasonable and I had heard from someone who had a much larger machine that their service was excellent and it has turned out to be true and the money well spent. I had a few self inflicted problems initially which John and Frank at Acctek solved without any delay, much better support than I could get from some of my local suppliers.

Have a look at their range you won't go wrong. This was my first foray into the world of CNC routing so I knew nothing and they answered all of my idiot questions without complaint, they are friendly and there service is superb.

Re: My experience with an Acctek 6090 router

Nice looking machine! One thing I'd suggest is to use as low stability feet as you can. The ones in the pic look awful high, and when machining at high speed you can end with the whole machine rocking in time with the X and Y movements which isn't good long term. I'd cut them or grind them back as short as you can go myself.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Fordtman Guest

Smile Re: My experience with an Acctek 6090 router

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Nice looking machine! One thing I'd suggest is to use as low stability feet as you can. The ones in the pic look awful high, and when machining at high speed you can end with the whole machine rocking in time with the X and Y movements which isn't good long term. I'd cut them or grind them back as short as you can go myself.

cheers, Ian
    Thanks for the good advice. I haven't tried any fast machining yet because I am still learning but it is good to get timely advice. I will lower the bed of the machine as you have pointed out. I have noted that there is another advantage of doing this, it will stop me from sliding things under the machine bed and then wondering where I put them.

Thanks again, Jim