585,779 active members*
4,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jgro in South Africa

I was wandering if anyone in South Africa is building the Jgro CNC Router.I am seriously considering building this machine but first need to know where to source the parts.Does anyone know where to source the parts in South Africa.I think the design of the machine is brilliant.

Smile

My bearings arrived this week from the USA, I ordered them from vxb.com.I also ordered the Hobby CNC 3 Axis Pro Chopper Driver board today.I will probably get the wood at the end of the month.My build is progressing very slowly but im on a really tight budget.I will cut out all the wooden parts on a Multicam CNC Router I operate at work.

Well if that router take a full sheet of MDF, your build will progress a lot faster.

Are you going to drill all of the top holes with the router as well?

Jason

Yes it can take a full sheet of MDF, its bed size is 3m x 2m and I am going to do all the holes on the Multicam as well.Im still busy converting the plans to metric and sizing all the holes to accomodate metric fasteners but thats almost done.Would a 12mm threaded rod with a 15TPI be ok for the X and Y leadscrews? I managed to get a ballscrew for the Z Axis from a friend, can I have a ballscrew for the Z and Threaded Rod for the X and Y.I am going to use the HobbyCNC 200oz/in steppers.

I would try to stay away from threaded rod, atleast thats what I keep hearing from here anyways.

I have cancelled my plans to build the Jgro router, I am going to build the Lionclaw LC50 Router instead it looks a much stiffer machine.The Jgro is a well designed and simple machine to build but I need something that is stronger and bigger.