584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MACH 3 Custom Main Page Editing

Hi everyone Im just wondering can somebody point me in the right directions on where to edit the mach 3 main page layout? I know HTML coding a little bit, and have a background on web page designing (HTML, java, C++, python, custom scripts, etc) I want my mach 3 page to be like this...

On mach 3 default page is OK really, but I wonder if I can simplify it to something like that on the picture because I just want to simplify things . like getting rid of the things I dont need, I want my vector display to be larger for me to see clearly on the display while working on some smaller materials specially metal parts, put the cursors on the main page so that I dont have to push TAB every time im on the mouse, by the way im using a USB joystick as my remote on the machine, basically all the controls I needed was on it, I just use the display as a reference monitor to take a glance of the G-codes, machine speeds, XYZ numerical position etc, I now it can be done because i`ved seen some mach 3 custom layouts for sale, but I wanna arrange it at my own preference , can someone give me a hint on where to change mach 3 main page mainframe to edit it to my preference?

Re: MACH 3 Custom Main Page Editing

You use a Mach3 screen designer. There are two different ones, Screen4, and Machscreen. Most people prefer Machscreen.
    Hard - and Software
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You use a Mach3 screen designer. There are two different ones, Screen4, and Machscreen. Most people prefer Machscreen.
    Hard - and Software
    Thanks boss!!!!

Boss Gerry I have one problem how to make the display for the file on the page? Im almost finished editing until I hit a brick wall again asking for your kind suggestion to go forward and finish it

Attachment 358124

still not on eye candy stage though, until it`s fully functional im gonna add some eye candy stuff on it, but right now I dont know how to display the file location so that it will be visible on the main page...

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Boss Gerry I have one problem how to make the display for the file on the page? Im almost finished editing until I hit a brick wall again asking for your kind suggestion to go forward and finish it

still not on eye candy stage though, until it`s fully functional im gonna add some eye candy stuff on it, but right now I dont know how to display the file location so that it will be visible on the main page...
    Edit:Sorry I figured it out sir I just copy the button on the original mach 3 1024 screen set, it`s a kind of script :banana:im almost done now, im gonna post the screenshot here when im finished

Well I kinda like my mach 3 now boss

It`s simple with no dead clutter buttons, no more mess, I like it very much, I cant wait to go to work tomorrow to install it on all our CNC routers in the shop :banana:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot.jpg  

After several days of using and thinking what else to add on my MACH 3 custom screen, I need the elapsed time to monitor how many minutes the machine finishes the job since I sometimes throttle down or throttle up on the FRO via joystick to adjust the speed of the movement if the material have some hard part on it specially hardwood, I added the control ON/OFF button because when I first used it I can control the CNC on the MACH 3 page but NOT on the keyboard and the joy stick, I think this screen is good enough for me due to it`s large vector display I can really see the machine coordinates clearly to zero my position specially if I machine gun parts, big buttons are quite impossible to miss even if I work straight 8 hours of machining stuff.

Unfortunately on wide screens, you need to edit it to be on that specific resolution, you can edit it up to 1920X1080

https://www.mediafire.com/?rsxng9r0uhqsu5c
    MACH 3 Custom Big Buttons

Mach3 screen editors, both MachScreen and Screen4, are just horrible, each in its own way.

Your custom screen looks good though.

Screen 4 is very usable, if you follow a few simple rules.
    1) Only use it in Windows XP.
    2) Make sure the screen that you're creating fits in the Screen4 window, without scroll bars.
    3) Don't try to change the display order of eny elements.

Once you learn it's intricacies, it's very stable and usable.

Machscreen, on the other hand has always randomly crashed, regardless of version, and is rather un-intuitive, imo. I've used it to make minor changes when I couldn't use Screen4, but otherwise, Screen4 was my preference.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Mach3 screen editors, both MachScreen and Screen4, are just horrible, each in its own way.

Your custom screen looks good though.
    Thanks for the compliment sir right now im making it in a 1366 x 768 resolution wide screen version, im still gonna upload it here then grab it on the shop so that I can install it in one of our wide screen monitor CNC, it annoys me sometimes when the resolution on the monitor is wide screen (16:9) then the display settings on MACH 3 is 4:3 specially on full screen mode, the vector display tends to be widened too which is not the same on the actual machine works

@ Ger21 thanks for the tip on screen4 sir though I admit the first time I used it freaks me out the moment I saved it and re opened it again it`s blank (WTF) but yes I manage to get on the bug by reverse engineering the software itself (if you`re the author on that software im really sorry for what I did sir) it`s more stable now, I can even make 1920 x 1080 resolution MACH 3 on it without hanging or going blank on saving. if not for you Im still stuck on the MACH 3 default page, I really needed to change it due to sometimes the operator on the other machines makes mistakes on clicking the PC when reloading materials then damage the materials itself. with a custom display it`s impossible to make mistakes because the the buttons are so huge and well arranged to each other, eliminating unused buttons also help clear up the page and avoid accidentally clicking it then crash the spindle on the material. so yes it helps us more efficient now on mass production thanks to you

This display is sure wide I set the mach 3 config/general config/screen control into this...

It`s a correct aspect ratio on the vector screen but widened viewing angle to see it clearly, now im gonna grab you tomorrow monday @ work

MACH 3 (1366 x 768) Wide Screen Big Buttons

Update: 1280 X 1024 Mach 3 Custom Screen, it`s got everything I need on a touch screen monitor

Merry Christmas Everyone