585,567 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

915 SRAM PARITY - SISTEM ALARM

Dear friends. One of those situations where no one wants to be in. We have two SuperMax mills with 18 Controllers. One of them being down for a while due to cpu failure. Yesterday I did some cpu swapping to diagnose the problem but at some point something changed by itself on the good controller and now I have two machines down instead of one.

It seems like a configuration issue and I don´t know how to put it back.. please see picture attached. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ERROR 915 PARITY.jpg  

Re: 915 SRAM PARITY - SISTEM ALARM

That's not a configuration issue. That's a corrupt memory issue. While swapping, your good control's memory has been corrupted. Most likely by being disconnected from the battery for extended period. You need to reload a good set of parameters or backup.

Thank you SLT. I will proceed to do a backup download first thing in the morning.

You have to clear all memory first then restore the parameters, part programs, PMC parameters, offsets, and what ever else you lost. To clear all memory you must press and hold RESET & DELETE while powering up. This will get you to the normal looking screens but all memory is cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    You have to clear all memory first then restore the parameters, part programs, PMC parameters, offsets, and what ever else you lost. To clear all memory you must press and hold RESET & DELETE while powering up. This will get you to the normal looking screens but all memory is cleared.
    Hello. I'm now having trouble loading all files back to restore operation on the machine because I can't get the machine out of the MDI mode. For some reason, it won't respond to the operator's knob on the mode selector. I only gives me MDI mode.

The MDI mode is default and you have to restore the parameters (NC and PMC) before mode changes are possible. Also, you can load/change parameters ONLY, while an alarm condition is present.

Dear friends, things are looking much better this moment. I was able to load all parameters back into the machine by following your inputs. Thank you all very much! when I left the plant, the machine was just about 95% operational, since all axis needed to be zero-ed. and since I am not so familiar with the operation of this particular machine, I had the operator trying to carry that last adjustment, but for some reason he hasn´t being able to get it done yet. All other aspects of the machine are working properly.