585,749 active members*
3,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > New 6040 X and Y axis deflection problem (video)

New 6040 X and Y axis deflection problem (video)

Hi all,

Just received my new 6040 machine with 2.2kw spindle from China last week.
    Got everything working OK except for some things.
    I can only control the spindle speed from the control box, i think this is normal?

But a bigger issue. The spindle is hanging over. I already tried to align it but no suc6. Also the problem is that when the spindle is in the centre of the table it is hanging lower then on the sides.
    I made some videos of it:

Video 1 Spindle Alignment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozr15z3Swg

Video 2 X axis deflection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoTj39tV0o

Video 3 Y axis deflection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7-6BZEYsLQ

Is this a normal issue on these CNC routers?

Thanks for your help and greetings from the Netherlands

Re: New 6040 X and Y axis deflection problem (video)

You can re align it by loosening the allen bolts on the guide bars, use a rubber mallet on hammering, re check again if corrected, do it on all axis, all our CNC machines are like that when it came, I think it`s due to the shipping vibrations on the ship, you need to re align everything on that sir it happen on almost any brand of CNC not just china, european and US made benchtop CNC`s are like that too

About your spindle, you can control it on your MACH 3 for now I guess by and by when you feel a need for speed the startup spindle will be left behind because you will crank it up to it`s optimum speed (code and machine) which is 4000 FRO (feed rate output) and then you will switch to manual mode

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    You can re align it by loosening the allen bolts on the guide bars, use a rubber mallet on hammering, re check again if corrected, do it on all axis, all our CNC machines are like that when it came, I think it`s due to the shipping vibrations on the ship, you need to re align everything on that sir it happen on almost any brand of CNC not just china, european and US made benchtop CNC`s are like that too
    Thanks for the answer. But i already loosened the bolts of the rods. But i cant move them, they are aligned in a hole in the sides. And how can the problem only be in the center?

Quote Originally Posted by basvaningen View Post
    Thanks for the answer. But i already loosened the bolts of the rods. But i cant move them, they are aligned in a hole in the sides. And how can the problem only be in the center?
    Hi and welcome to the cnc forum. I find that most problems have several ways to fix. Sometimes, looking at a problem from a different angle/view and stepping back to take another view, then think it over away from the problem.

I think the easiest way would be to make sure your cutting table is square and level. It may just be the table and not the spindle/x/y. Level your table with a sacrificial board. If necessary, use small shim's (wedges) to square the table to the router. You may want to level the machine at some point also.

Maybe this will help you out. Write down what you do in a journal. Doing this will ease your pain if you change things, then find out it's wrong, and then you forget exactly what you did. The journal will keep you sane.

If this helps you please leave a reply so others may benefit from the problem/answer.

use a rubber mallet sir, you cant really move them but you can twist them just a little bit to correct the mis alignment, it`s been manufactured straight sir, It`s warping a little bit due to shock on the shipping process, I even use 2X2 wood to hammer the sides on our CNC machines

one of our 6090 even came with a warped Y- axis ball screw, every time it spins it wiggles, same thing happens, I disassembled it then hammer it with 2X2 wood to straighten thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    use a rubber mallet sir, you cant really move them but you can twist them just a little bit to correct the mis alignment, it`s been manufactured straight sir, It`s warping a little bit due to shock on the shipping process, I even use 2X2 wood to hammer the sides on our CNC machines

one of our 6090 even came with a warped Y- axis ball screw, every time it spins it wiggles, same thing happens, I disassembled it then hammer it with 2X2 wood to straighten thing up.
    If i rotate them the clearance stays the same. In that case the axis are straight.

I will try to mount the spindle lower in the clamp so the rotating point is more in the centre. Maybe i than can see if the spindle isntpnheavy for the construction

Quote Originally Posted by basvaningen View Post
    Hi all,

Just received my new 6040 machine with 2.2kw spindle from China last week.
    Got everything working OK except for some things.
    I can only control the spindle speed from the control box, i think this is normal?

But a bigger issue. The spindle is hanging over. I already tried to align it but no suc6. Also the problem is that when the spindle is in the centre of the table it is hanging lower then on the sides.
    I made some videos of it:

Video 1 Spindle Alignment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozr15z3Swg

Video 2 X axis deflection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoTj39tV0o

Video 3 Y axis deflection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7-6BZEYsLQ

Is this a normal issue on these CNC routers?

Thanks for your help and greetings from the Netherlands
    Hi there, about the spindle control, yes, some vendors don´t wire the spindle to be controlled by mach 3. They say its more reliable (i don´t know why) At first i was kind of upset, but after 1 month with my machine it kind of make sense, because you dont have tool changes,you can control with the VFD manually, etc.