Hi Everyone!
I like this forum, it gives great advices about building machines, specially the meckanical part. What we need here is a good DIY servo driver. Of course open source schematics. The open source program is already available, Emc for instance. It is not wery likely that this gonna happen soon, but we have to push this idea around. Until money is in question, noone will give any half made
servo driver projekt in public domain. But it will happen in near future, because the technological changes. Everything becomming more affordable. In July 2000 Nuts&Volts there was published a cnc retrofit for a small tabletop mill. The electronics uses Pic chips. From the picture I can see 3 chips, one marked as Pic. It talks about another converter board not pictured. They use Pitman motors14204 continous torq is 26onc/inch. More info is on www.jrkerr.com There is a software for serial port cnc retrofit.
Now my question is, can it be made something simular, for first time with smaller motors and put in public domain?
The first clock in the world was made in China in 10Th century. But only the story survived, because the emeror kept it secret. Lather in 15th century the Italians made a clock and a watch, which a monk took it to the Cheneese emperor. He was amused, they newer see anything like that. Since the first clock was made the industrial revolution started. Can you imagin the world here all the medicine would be available and free? It wouldn't be sick people.
So lets start our industrial revolution in making an open source servo driver.
Thank you for your support!