584,798 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Cimco Edit in conjunction with Citizen Swiss

Cimco Edit in conjunction with Citizen Swiss

Hey all,

Is anyone here using CIMCO Edit to edit programs for a Citizen Swiss machine? We purchased Win-CNC from Citizen but it has never worked right and they have basically refused to do anything about it saying that it works everywhere else so we must be doing something wrong. If it were my money I'd be kicking their front door in, but the people in charge here don't seem to care so neither do I.

We have an old version (6) of CIMCO that I have been playing with which has a lot of nice features, and I have also been using Notepad++ customized for CNC editing. My problem with CIMCO is that it has the functionality to break the program into columns $1-$2-$3 etc, but it has trouble with the synchronization codes (!1 and G600's). I can set up the multi-channel viewer to work with either the ! wait codes OR the G600 codes, but not both. The ! works by simply setting the synchronization command to "!" and checking the "sync using channel numbers" option. The G600's work by using an advanced trigger of "G6<[0-6]>0" for the sync command and "<[0-9]>" for the sync number and the channel numbers option checked. That doesn't seem to catch every G600 code, but it is close enough for a quick glance to make sure they are all accounted for and in the right places. Is there any way to make both commands work at the same time? I'm thinking that the channel numbers check box is going to prevent both options from working together, even if there is a way to make them both active at the same time. Has anyone else used CIMCO to get this functionality working?

Thanks!

Re: Cimco Edit in conjunction with Citizen Swiss

Just curious, what problems are you having with the WinCNC software? I have been using it for 6 or 7 years and it does fine for me. The only thing that irritates me about it, is what you are mentioning about aligning codes between the channels. I don't even know if it will do that. If it does, I haven't found it. Of course, all I ever used it for was either small edits to a completed CAM posted program, or as a blank page to write my own manually. I don't think I ever used any of the grooving, threading, angle, etc. buttons at the top. It was mainly a 3 channel text editor, for me. Partmaker has a multi-channel viewer for free. I have the editor, and it works well, but we have the editor because we have Partmaker. I don't know if it can be had on it's own.

As to the CIMCO software, I wish I could help you, but I have never seen it before.

Good luck!

Win-CNC has to be set up for your particular machine. It then creates a a file called Win-CNC that is a settings file that has to be in the same file as the program you are opening and it then uses the store info in that file to open the program correctly....ie showiing 2 colums

Yup. I have mine setup to show 3 columns for our E32 and E25J. But getting it to align the wait codes, I have not figured that one out.

there is a program check that can be run in wincnc the checks the sync. of
    g600
    g630
    G640
    G650
    PLUS THE wait codes IE. !1Lxx to !2lxx

Under parameter change to machine type and control
    once this is done under program there is the check program queing
    you should also be able to access it from the key board

ctrl + Q

Quote Originally Posted by Japazo View Post
    Hey all,

Is anyone here using CIMCO Edit to edit programs for a Citizen Swiss machine? We purchased Win-CNC from Citizen but it has never worked right and they have basically refused to do anything about it saying that it works everywhere else so we must be doing something wrong. If it were my money I'd be kicking their front door in, but the people in charge here don't seem to care so neither do I.

We have an old version (6) of CIMCO that I have been playing with which has a lot of nice features, and I have also been using Notepad++ customized for CNC editing. My problem with CIMCO is that it has the functionality to break the program into columns $1-$2-$3 etc, but it has trouble with the synchronization codes (!1 and G600's). I can set up the multi-channel viewer to work with either the ! wait codes OR the G600 codes, but not both. The ! works by simply setting the synchronization command to "!" and checking the "sync using channel numbers" option. The G600's work by using an advanced trigger of "G6<[0-6]>0" for the sync command and "<[0-9]>" for the sync number and the channel numbers option checked. That doesn't seem to catch every G600 code, but it is close enough for a quick glance to make sure they are all accounted for and in the right places. Is there any way to make both commands work at the same time? I'm thinking that the channel numbers check box is going to prevent both options from working together, even if there is a way to make them both active at the same time. Has anyone else used CIMCO to get this functionality working?

Thanks!
    Can you elaborate on these said bugs? It's a little awkward seeming, but really is one of the best specific editiors I have ever used. Most other machine-specific editor if just plain marketing. Feel free to shoot me a PM

Regarding a custom editor, do you need the backplot? Can you get to the source code at all for Cimco? You might need to watch the registers of what codes are active to see why it is "skipping" wait codes. Are you using M98's somewhere?

Win-Cnc does NOT align the "G600" codes. It will check to see if you missed one and then show you where that is.
    You can get the Citizen product "Alkart Wizard" which will do both and cost the same.
    ALSO, you can put the program in the machine and the editor at the machine WILL align the "G600" codes there.(M70 control)

Cimco editor can not run Back plot how i fix

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cimco backplot fault.jpg  

Hello there,

I am a citizen programmer/operator and I also develop Software.

I have just completed developing a new Editor For Citizen/Miyano machines.

It is called the CNCswift Editor.

I developed it because of the shortcomings of the other avaliable software.

Its best features are:-
    Queue 3 windows together in 2 areas at once and fully edit, check, save close or
    open seperate windows at once all whilst being synced.
    Color syntaxing.
    RS232.
    5 levels of checking plus lots more features.

It is so new that there is no website yet, and i am looking for a distributer.

I would love to know your opinion of it.
    The only other info I have about it at the moment is these YouTube links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4my0zSZY0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MfQs7AQRB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUZOcS1a6PY