585,715 active members*
3,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MasterCam Reseller and support problems

MasterCam Reseller and support problems

Could someone tell me what route to take if my MasterCam re-seller is always busy, and I need support? When I go to MC's website, they tell me to contact my re-seller.
    Its getting really frustrating not having any type of support. And when I do finally get a hold of my re-seller, it takes forever to get anything resolved. I pay good money for the annual maintenance, which covers support. Any other options out there?

Re: MasterCam Reseller and support problems

Use old proven software. CNC has been around way before mastercam existed.
    Hire the job out to one who knows parts, machines and ANYcam softwares,
    Call local community college which teaches MCam get last semester student.
    Mcam is great stuff but a little difficult to learn well.
    Ger a certified mcam user. ?
    Get the mcam video tutorials.
    If you can explain specifically the issue help is here

Ive been using MC my whole career. Pretty much self taught my way through the last 10 years because of poor support.
    I have just recently had to learn lathe, due to my programming counter part, made some bad life decisions. Turning is a no brainer, but the live tooling is throwing me a curve ball. I can do everything up to C Axis cross contour and Y axis moves.
    I believe its all in the WCS, but Ive tried numerous plane configs, and its still giving me a hard time.
    And it seems that every time I try and get my re-seller involved, he is either on vacation or at a presentation. He is very helpful when he does help, but his availability is scarce.
    I believe his company only has 2 employees, and covers all of Florida. Im not sure if they are extremely busy, or not busy enough to put full time support.

Im actually about to purchase an online class to get the training I need to move forward. Its just a damn shame after Ive paid thousands of dollars for Master Cam support.
    Ive already ordered and been through the tutorial book. But it is really vague, and doesn't explain anything about the WCS side of it.
    Ive been through eapprentice for mill, but they dont have anything for live tooling lathe.

Florida is very light when it comes to manufacturing and CNC machining schools. I know more than any of the teachers they've tried to use. Because they call me when they need help. My company has even helped with their curriculum. And have hired 2 students from the class. Which is only to teach the bare minimal.

So until I can find another source for support, which this site has help tremendously, I guess Im stuck.

PS, I posted my C axis thread in the Mastercam forum, before posting this one. But Im just frustrated I cant get any answers in less than 24 hours.

Sounds familiar!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can contact CNC and talked them about the issues. there are no knew classes on Eapprentice when comes to Mastercam really. Did you take a derek class or a Jay Kramer class?

there are company's like Solidbox that offer support contracts were they will contract with a person that knows what they are doing.
    I also offer support by the hour also.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .