584,860 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > hitachi seiki spindle wont turn on

hitachi seiki spindle wont turn on

Hi all,

I was recently trying to install a LNS Quick load bar feeder on Hitachi seiki TS15 lathe with seicos control. I have a few different diagrams that show the wiring a slightly different way. I could not get the lathe to see the bar feeder was ready or the bar feeder to see that the lathe was ready.
    However, I gave up so I could make some parts, disconnected the bar feeder wiring and replaced the jumpers so the lathe would not alarm out from no signal from the bar feeder. Now the spindle wont turn on either with a program or in MDI mode. I can change gears and if I turn it by hand it will read the RPM its turning on the display. If I command an S1000 M3 like I normally would it accepts it but doesn't turn on and eventually gives a cycle time out error on the display.

If I look at the input/output diagnostics it doesn't seem to change the "0" or "1" when I clamp or unclamp the chuck. It does however physically clamp and unclamp and the appropriate LED on the SLAVE board lights up when clamped or unclamped.

Looking at the input/outputs it looks like the emergency stop is on regarding the spindle, however not sure if its supposed to be a "0" or "1." Its set to "1" currently. However there are no other signs that the emergency stop is on. I can index the turret and move all axis and everything else.

I did command a M16 when playing with the bar feeder which for this lathe is "bar feeder on." I have commanded an M17 which is "bar feeder off" which has not fixed anything.

The spindle drive doesn't show any error or alarm codes, just displaying "--" waiting for a signal.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    Clinton

Are you solved problem

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk