584,800 active members*
4,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > HI and Low Piston Spindle Activated at the same time

Unhappy HI and Low Piston Spindle Activated at the same time

Hi

I have a problem with a Fadal 4020, the problem is that the piston of Hi and Low Speed activate at the same time, but I already change the mac valves and the problem doesn't dissapear, and actually only one mac valve is active and the other is not. I check the air lines and I saw that there is a slighly amount of air in the expand port of the piston of the low speed when is activate the high speed, the same problem appears when the low speed is activated, How can I solve this problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Re: HI and Low Piston Spindle Activated at the same time

I think the problem you are having is your engagement adjustment for the Hi Lo and it is just sucking in the other roller because it is in too far. Or remove the 1/4-20 bolt hold the two pistons at the rear of pistons. And let one of the hang in mid air just for a test to see if it is extending. leave the other piston in place.

Last time that happened here it was because the oil got low in the air-over-oil reservoir.
    It is a fussy system and needs to be bleed out of the cylinders carefully if they ever get air in them. If they have air they will bounce during use. i have seen the bounce cause both cylinders to actuate and lock the belt. The spindle was doing 10k at the time. LOUD bang and and 10000sqft shop could hardly see a few feet for the smoke. Fun
    I usually MDI S.1 <enter> (wait for actuate), S.2 <enter> (wait for actuate), repeat about 20 times on startup to ensure no air intrusion on every start up.
    Bear in mind that my machine can sit for months on end which is detrimental.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

That is true if you have the HT with the air over oil idler system.

Is it the old mac valve with the shuttle? If so I would also check that. Also the pressure should be reduced after the tool in/out line to 80 psi. The mac valves will blow by above 120 psi.