584,814 active members*
5,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 96 Harrison Alpha 400 Spindle Fault detected!!!

96 Harrison Alpha 400 Spindle Fault detected!!!

The machine runs great and will accept any program that I put in it. The problem is when I spin the chuck by hand to get to the chuck key I get a spindle fault detected code. I opened the back and it's
    flashing a 9 code. I've researched everything I could and can't figure out what I need to do next. I can shut the main power off and it will clear the code until the next time I have to turn the turn the chuck.

Thanks for any help,

Re: 96 Harrison Alpha 400 Spindle Fault detected!!!

Flashing 9 on spindle? What kind of spindle amplifier is it? (Alpha, Analog, Digital) Which FANUC control is on the machine?

Hi Brent
    The Harrison is designed to detect and alarm if there is any movement of the chuck if in the chuck guard is in the down position
    Please make sure the chuck guard is up therefore and no alarms should happen
    I have assumed that this is what we would call a 400+ with only one keyboard if it isnt message me and I'll assist

Thanks for the info on the chuck guard but everything seems to be working with that. I can have someone open and close the guard and watch the relays work.
    As far as which amplifier is on the machine not sure, I'm a newbie at most of this stuff.Attachment 360958Attachment 360956Attachment 360954

Oh yeah, Thanks for the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentJones View Post
    Oh yeah, Thanks for the help so far.
    Brent
    According to our service manuals alarm 9
    Is the chuck guard switch and even though the switch is open it is not shutting power to the drive
    Change the switch and should be ok

I took the chuck guard switch assembly apart and found the switch is fine. It was pressing in far enough to trigger the relays in the back but not
    enough to show the chuck guard open on the screen. I removed the cover and slotted the mounting holes so I could slide the switch closer to the
    cover guard. Where can I get one of those manuals?

Thank you so much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentJones View Post
    I took the chuck guard switch assembly apart and found the switch is fine. It was pressing in far enough to trigger the relays in the back but not
    enough to show the chuck guard open on the screen. I removed the cover and slotted the mounting holes so I could slide the switch closer to the
    cover guard. Where can I get one of those manuals?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Unfortunately they are engineers service manuals from Harrison but glad to help if you get any further problems please do not hesitate to contact me

Hi!
    I have a similar problem. The spindle suddenly stops and I get a "Spindle Fault Detected" error but I get Alarm 2. Any idea what it means?
    Very grateful for any reply!

//Filip

Dear all friends,
    I have CNC Mitsubishi FD30 gear shaving machine with Fanuc 21i mb system. In this machine custom designed Screen in Japanese language I want to convert in English.
    Please help me for solve this problem.
    Regards
    Mohit Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Brent
    According to our service manuals alarm 9
    Is the chuck guard switch and even though the switch is open it is not shutting power to the drive
    Change the switch and should be ok
    Hi, do you happen to know what fault 2 is? My alpha 550 is flashing 2. Thanks

Hello everyone i need some help with my Harrison alpha 550s
    when i start it up it gives me spindle speed monitor alarm 15 manual says encoder or encoder cable ive tested encoder it is fine tested the cables also no problems there. what is funny is acording to manual this fault will appear when marker pulse is missed while spindle running.my spindle cant run as the alarm switch off the power to spindle drive and alarm comes up on startup of control
    in the cabinet at the back is a io board from harrison with a small cpu board with a red led that flashes fast.the encoder signals go to this board through a 26ls32 ic wich i tested and is ok
    how do i diagnose this problem please help

Question Fanuc OM series

Howzit guys I am battling to fix a tl-cp or mg-l abnormal alrm on a fanuc OM series

Im a 24 year old machinist from South africa nd its very difficult to get advice or help on how to fix or clear the alarm..

Please advise where neccessary..

Re: Fanuc OM series

Quote Originally Posted by Keananjacobus View Post
    Howzit guys I am battling to fix a tl-cp or mg-l abnormal alrm on a fanuc OM series

Im a 24 year old machinist from South africa nd its very difficult to get advice or help on how to fix or clear the alarm..

Please advise where neccessary..
    Hi Keanan where in SA are you based i can maybe help my cell 0769792833

Hello have a problem with a Harrison Alpha 550 Lathe .
    Controller Fanuc 21i TA. Manually mode runs ok But in CSS or Thead after preselect speed and start sequence, monitor show Spinndle Fault and dont continue sequence. A3 Board show 1 in display. Troubleshooting manual indicates cable, encoder faultly but was replaced for new units. Speed parameters are ok and control follow predefined speed correctly without diference in all speed gear range.

Any idea?
    Posible sw error?
    Somebody know where can find a software for try to reprograming my Machine?

Br

Tks