584,846 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Toyoda FA 400

We just purchased a used toyoda FA400 which had been sitting for a long while. When it was powered up, it had an alarm on the ATC drive E1018 for the battery
    Does any one have the procedure to reset the alarm and reset the positions. The unit # is MG-U050. It uses the hand held device for diagnosis and entering parameters
    1999 machine year

thanks in advance for any help you may offer

Bran

Re: Toyoda FA 400

If you have the maintenance manual, look at section 7.5.15 If not I recommend buying them from Toyoda if you have to. They should have PDF copies available.

Replace the battery.
    You will need to turn on MGU edit That should be in the custom screen on the control for the FA400, some models have a switch in the cabinet.
    Put the control in jog mode.
    Then using the hand unit (paying attention to the U/D key/mode for changing the button functions) press:
    U for U mode
    EDT for edit
    Parameter for parameter
    D for D mode
    54 then set (shows P054 now)
    3 then set (shows P054 0000003)
    Turn the machine off for 10 seconds
    Turn on, but you can leave it in e-stop
    Parameter
    D for D mode
    54 then set (P054)
    00000000 then set (P054 00000000)
    Off then on again.
    --That clears the error. you can turn off MGU edit if the physical and drive position match at 0 or 180
    If the twin arm is vertical then the position should be 0 or 180000 (0 or 180 deg)
    Jog with M907 if not vertical -- I never had the arm and position mismatch so don't know how to physically set that
    If you have to set the position to match the arm... P800 will set the position 0 to 360000 (0 to 360 deg)

FYI the tool chain is the same, but the pocket positions are 0 - 360000 starting at 0 for pocket 0 (or pocket 1 if 90 or 120 tool chain) each pocket is 360000/# of pockets (27, 41, 61, 90 or 120)

I'm having the same problem with a 2001 machine I put on my floor about 3 months ago. Battery just died with no warning. Working fine one day, came in the next and WR-21 battery Alarm and AL46 servo alarm. Replaced battery and now have the 1018 alarm on the pendant. Got some procedures from Toyoda (not good to deal with, but that's a story for another day) but can't seem to get into MGU edit mode. When I press the custom button all i get is the logo, no soft keys available. Am I missing something? Looked all in the cabinet for a manual switch and can't find that either. Any help much appreciated. John

The custom button always gave us the 'Toyoda Op-Supporter' page.
    Check with Toyoda first. I guess it could be some access parameter set to lock that out... Toyoda should be able to tell you. Could you be missing a toyoda firmware file?
    I'm pretty sure trying the procedure without MGU edit will prevent you from accessing or changing parameters. But if all else fails try running thru the procedure on the pendant anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    The custom button always gave us the 'Toyoda Op-Supporter' page.
    Check with Toyoda first. I guess it could be some access parameter set to lock that out... Toyoda should be able to tell you. Could you be missing a toyoda firmware file?
    I'm pretty sure trying the procedure without MGU edit will prevent you from accessing or changing parameters. But if all else fails try running thru the procedure on the pendant anyhow.
    Until I can get into MGU edit mode I’m locked out. When I got the machine a few months back had some dead batteries on the axis drives and the guy was able to get in to the proper mode so I know it’s possible. I don’t appear to have the custom screen and can’t find the mgu edit switch inside the cabinet that is on some machines. I’m wondering if maybe it’s the little screw switch on the drive itself. Waiting to hear back from Toyoda again. They took my money for tech support, were on the phone with me for 5 minutes, practically hung up on me after telling me they would email me some procedures, didn’t send me everything I needed, but they did charge me for $135 worth of service. Awful people to deal with.

Which control do you have on that machine? Fanuc 16i or something else? 6 or 12 button screen? Do you have the manuals for that machine? The MG-U is covered in 7.5 of the Maintenance manual.

Mfg support for used machines is meh... I would guess you can call/e-mail for further support on the same ticket without paying more. Support if you bought it new is the same people ect. but you don't have to worry about being charged whenever you call.

Parts... If it is not made by toyoda track it down elsewhere for less than half the cost.

DEAR MR JOHN
    WE HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A TOYODA FA 550 WITH FANUC 15M .

BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE MISSING KEEP RELAY DATA & MICROPROGRAMME FOR TOOL CALLING.

CAN YOU HELP US IN ABOVE MATTER.

CAN WE HAVE A KEEP RELAY DATA FOR IT .