584,829 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Anyone have experience with the new Fadals?

Anyone have experience with the new Fadals?

Hi guys, service tech here. I do a fair amount of Fadal work and, at a customer today they were showing me their new 4020B. They mentioned that they were having trouble getting it serviced. Sounds like they bought it just before Erickson switched to Morri and have been without a distributor since. I suspect that they'll end up calling me next time it's down so, my question is, has anyone here done any service on these new models yet? Are they at all similar to the old machines?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone have experience with the new Fadals?

They look like the mechanics are the exact same as the old Fadals but with metric ballscrew lengths and a new controller. Even the spindle looks identical
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Heres a picture of a NEW Fadal with the head cover open you can see the HiLo drive system 10k spindle
    Attachment 363266

I heard that basically it is the same machine except for the control and servos... some South Korean CNC control....

40mm ballscrews on the mid size ones IIRC, much better chip control, better designed ways, more ways on the bigger machines, improved rapids and processor speed and the list goes on and on. Fadal (USA made ones) used top quality components not like the disenegrating rubber tires you get on lawn mowers imported from china....but TOP components. It is hard to say where these machines sit. They may be very good boxed and linear way machines. All that being said if you need a 40 taper machine they seem like a good alternative but if you dont need that much power a Brother Speedio is light years ahead.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I have a New Fadal 4020Bii that we bought new in 03-2017....It has massive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
    I have a New Fadal 4020Bii that we bought new in 03-2017....It has massive issues.

Hi our company bought a second hand FADAL 4020Bii but at the moment we are looking for two things one is the operators manual, and secondly we are looking information about the Admin PSW because in otherwise we could not connect the machine at our local network, could you help me with that information?? please let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
    Could you share what problems you are having?

I do have the same Fadal 4020Bii and need the password to connect cnc to network....I´m outside the US.

Do you know if this password is free to request from Fadal? Or did you got charged for the password?

any problems on connecting it to the network?