585,930 active members*
4,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > "Runtime error 9 - subscript out of range" on Techno CNC interface

"Runtime error 9 - subscript out of range" on Techno CNC interface

Hi, i'm new here, and i was milling today when i encountered "runtime error 9 - subscript out of range". I am cutting 3/4" mdf, and pathed on mastercam X. The mastercam file previews perfectly on mastercam, and the exported NC files preview perfectly on the Techno CNC interface as well. I am able to preprocess and preview it on the Techno CNC interface. However, once i click on the start button, i get the error and the interface crashes. These are simple contour cuts and pocket cuts. Will someone please help me??? Thanks!

Possible Solution

Greetings.

I am certainly not a pro, but I had the same error and found your post while looking for a solution. I got in touch with my Techno rep and he suggested that the tool number I had specified (from my MasterCAM tool library) was too high for Techno to deal with. I changed the number off the tool from 235 to 4 and the programs ran fine. I had changed most of the programs from within MasterCAM, but the one that I missed I changed with the editor in the Techno interface and that worked as well. He also thought there may have been too much extra subset information (in the parentheses) in the programs and suggested deleting that from the .nc files. I did not have to do that, but it is a second option if changing the tool number does not work.

Good luck.
    Chuck

I need help with this also, anyone that can help me please email me

Runtime Error 9 Problem solved?

I also have that problem.
    Running RhinoCAM and a Techno 5050.
    Also a newbie...

Did you guys find a solution for it? Does it come from CAM? Or is it in the Interface?

runtime error

As stated above, I've gotten this error and have found that it refers to the tool numbering in Mastercam, it is not a problem with the interface. I'm using X3... When I start a new Machine Group, I have an option under Properties >> Tool Settings >> Toolpath Configuration to check "Assign Tool Numbers Sequentially." If not checked, the system may assign a high tool number like #232 (don't know why???). Checking the box, causes tool numbering to start at #1 and it then increases sequentially. If I forget to check that box for a new mach group, I'll get the "Subscript out of range" error when using the interface. Hope that helps.