585,712 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Torqcut issue.

Hello everyone. Have a Torqcut that is giving me fits. Thought the issue may have been the RPC so I followed mactek54's instructions ,( Thanks very much mactek),and rewired it to 240 single phase, When it goes to start it says " INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS DETECTED, You MUST RE-LOAD the executive software by selecting <F9>, LDmdcSW from the initial menu. Hit any key to clear this message. Does anyone have a clue to what it means? Ive got a spare BMDC board coming for in case, but don't want to risk anything. Before the trouble started I had gotten a DOM from EMI, and it appeared ok at first, than this.Looking in the manual it says to contact BMI for updated software. Could something have happened to the DOM? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Bridgeport Torqcut issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tlhigham View Post
    Hello everyone. Have a Torqcut that is giving me fits. Thought the issue may have been the RPC so I followed mactek54's instructions ,( Thanks very much mactek),and rewired it to 240 single phase, When it goes to start it says " INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS DETECTED, You MUST RE-LOAD the executive software by selecting <F9>, LDmdcSW from the initial menu. Hit any key to clear this message. Does anyone have a clue to what it means? Ive got a spare BMDC board coming for in case, but don't want to risk anything. Before the trouble started I had gotten a DOM from EMI, and it appeared ok at first, than this.Looking in the manual it says to contact BMI for updated software. Could something have happened to the DOM? Any help is appreciated.
    Maybe if I had looked this up in the manual the other day you wouldn't have been hunting ghosts. My bad.

It appears the binary loaded in the BMDC needs to be updated to match the front end. I suspect your EMI DOM is newer than the BMDC.BIN loaded on the BMDC. Have you tried loading BMDC.BIN from the F9 menu? See below.

Here's the manual. https://factorydaily.com/fdattachs/f...4463134664.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bmdc0.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	360888
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bmdc1.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	360890

Holy cow. How'd you just get a "spare" BMDC board coming? ( kind of pricey ) Out of curiosity, which BMDC do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    Holy cow. How'd you just get a "spare" BMDC board coming? ( kind of pricey ) Out of curiosity, which BMDC do you have?
    When the issue started I watched ebay and a NOS came up for sale and bought.The price wasnt bad. They were asking $750 for the card OBO, offered 600 and they accepted.Visual inspection of the board contacts do appear that the board had never been inserted to an edge connector slot. The Software incompatible message is gone, but now the drive is getting a 602 fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tlhigham View Post
    When the issue started I watched ebay and a NOS came up for sale and bought. The Software incompatible message is gone, but now the drive is getting a 602 fault.
    I can only dream of finding a spare BMDC4...

I stopped any trouble shooting on this project 5-8. I work in a food production facility and we had a big national food safety recall , due to the finding of Lysteria in a portion of the plant. Didn't involve my area, but a bunch has been going on. They are cutting about 170 jobs. I "feel" secure, but I'm also 61, so. Anyway , I'll be back soon regardless, and hopefully we can get it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    I can only dream of finding a spare BMDC4...
    I believe they had no clue as to the value . And I was mistaken, it was offered for 850 and I gave them 700.
    I can't figure out how to attach a screen shot from my ebay screen.