584,812 active members*
5,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Linksprite CNC Engraving machine?

Linksprite CNC Engraving machine?

I found out that MicroCenter has Linksprite CNC Engraving machine. I'm thinking of buying the machine after going to Linksprite's website at DIY CNC 3 Axis Engraver Machine PCB Milling Wood Carving Router Kit Arduino Grbl - LinkSprite Playgound
    What I don't know is what size bits can fit in the spindle chuck. Is this machine good?

Re: Linksprite CNC Engraving machine?

I bought the machine from MicroCenter yesterday. I know that the machine comes in assembled or kit version and I was surprised to find out that I got the assembled version. It uses engraving bits with 1/8" shank about 1-1/4" long. I think that router bits may be too long. When the engraving bit is installed in the machine, I have about 1-1/4" clearance between tip of bit and table. Any suggestions about router bits? The working area is about 6" and 4".

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I bought the machine from MicroCenter yesterday. I know that the machine comes in assembled or kit version and I was surprised to find out that I got the assembled version. It uses engraving bits with 1/8" shank about 1-1/4" long. I think that router bits may be too long. When the engraving bit is installed in the machine, I have about 1-1/4" clearance between tip of bit and table. Any suggestions about router bits? The working area is about 6" and 4".
    Hi Jeff,

How do you like the machine so far? I am on the fence for purchasing this machine, leaning towards just making the plunge and finally start my journey into cnc! The price seems right, though it has increased $15. However, Amazon Prime will get it to me the same day!

Thanks,
    Donnell