585,744 active members*
5,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC 15M Parameters 9000 how to enter?
Page 1 of 2 12

FANUC 15M Parameters 9000 how to enter?

Dear all!

Recently I had ram parity error (base0) error on this machine. Battery was never changed so memory was cleared and I lost all the parameters! Therefore, I cleared all the memory and I entered again by hand all the parameters. Machine started now without alarm but I cannot enter parameters from 9000-9020, 9100-9139. This parameters are important because number of axes are stored there etc. Now I have number of axes by default: 1, so I can drive only one axe )
    I called Fanuc guy and he said that it requires a password for this parameteres. What kind of password?? Where to enter?
    Also, on papers I found some timers and I entered them also. What about counter, keeprly, Data table data? Does anyone knows how looks like printout of this additional parameters? What else I have to enter in the machine, what to take care of?
    Thank you very much!

I have a backup of parameters,pitch,etc. for my 15M at work.Maybe you can used those.You transfer them to the machine the same way you transfer programs.And I don't think you need a password.I know I don't.

Here is PDF sheet to load Option p
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you very much, I already downloaded this from some site. My problem is that I have this option parameters only as hardcopy! How to insert them?
    When I try to edit them, it says "parameter locked".

I believe you can type them into a file the same format as in the PDF file.
    Al.

Albert E.

You say, I upload parameters as they are now, edit file, and then download corrected file back to machine? It will work?

You should be able to download back to machine as per the PDF.
    After no 12 in the PDF it should state wait for READ to stop flashing.
    Al.

Albert E.

Dear Posedi

some Fanuc 15 M , needs to SECRET CODE , Via IPL screen to enter the 9000 series machine parametre , however if you check the way desciption by AL you can do it , but dont forget you can translate the hardcopy with any windows editor , and send the file to machine . i have secret code ! i f you need it let me know i type it with the procedure for you !

however if you have still problems please let me know because the procedure on PDF is not easy for anyone that not goodenough exper per Fanuc 15M .

thanks
    F.Sharifi

Quote Originally Posted by posedi View Post
    You say, I upload parameters as they are now, edit file, and then download corrected file back to machine? It will work?
    Hi !
    i send you messages please check and reply me soon !

F.Sharifi

Recently I had ram parity error on Fanuc O-TD. I cleared all the memory and I entered again by hand all the parameters. Machine started now without alarm but I cannot enter parameters from 10000.
    I entered all the parameters from 0001 to 8xxx but I have on my papers parameters 10000, how to enter?List of parameters on machine end to 8xxx.
    Thank you.

[email protected]

Dear all
    Pl let me know the procedure to download the parameter in GE Fanuc 15M system, we procure one used m/c there was no any battery in the system therefor all data lost, pl help us.

It would be nice to have a "generic" 15M parameter file that would work for "most" machines. I would also say that 15's have usually two to five axes of motion. I don't know why you would want any more, except if you had a machine with two tables and two spindles. Well, anyhow this would not have to include the options parameters and would provide a starting place for someone who has lost their copy.

I hand built my 15-MA control from existing parts on eBay. I had to have a friend of mine already familiar with Series 15 ladders, PMC and parameters to enter a basic set up that could be easily modified.

I do not have the password.

Thanks for the PDF Al.
    Greg

There is no password on the 15 just the 8000 PWE bits.
    Fanuc policy on the options is that a sheet is supplied to the OEM when purchased and if they are lost by the customer, you go back to the OEM.
    I have never known them supply them after the fact.
    Things may have changed now that Fanuc has split with GE?
    Al.

Albert E.

Ahh, I wondered about this.

Well, now that I have that in my mind.. I'm working on setting up the I/O unit for my control D1 (A20B-1003-0230/12C aka A02B-0094-B502) which comes without I/O so I have the two connection units in the big cabinet (A20B-1003-0200 and A20B-1003-0240). Recently came my A02B-0047-C902 fan unit.

I was confused about the input unit though. There are several different ones.

But.. I have both the IF01E and the IF01D modules. Which one works the best?

I was fortunate to have gotten the biggest double door freestanding NEMA cabinet I could find in my price range. I was afraid they'd have to build a one-off custom for me. The shop laser cut out the panel cut outs per the specs in the manuals and provided mounting for the amps, cutouts for the CRT/MDI, control backplane, battery box, fan unit, heat exchanger, input unit, buss bars, etc. The nice thing is that they also delivered for $60 exra. Total time from order to delivery = 1wk 2 days 4 hours 32 minutes. Pretty good I'd say. The last one I had them do took ages. I'm impressed enough to order from them again.

Where is my DNC port? on the A16B-2200-0171 serial card?

I retuned my servos. They're working great! Running off of A06B-6058-H004 and H005 amps I have three 10S motors A06B-0315 type, and one A06-6059 type S spindle ampl.
    Has G1, R, S, T, 100B, 100A, U, V, W, G2 pins. Motor U, V & W are color wired red white black. The two G1 and G2 are grounds??

Greg

F.Sharifi : please send me secret
    code.

Quote Originally Posted by posedi View Post
    Thank you very much, I already downloaded this from some site. My problem is that I have this option parameters only as hardcopy! How to insert them?
    When I try to edit them, it says "parameter locked".
    the parameters with 900 must be enetred in IPL screen in hexa mode ex:1a,2c,3f etc
    also you need the 3 passwords (secret code)to enter the 900 parameters

Not true.
    You can send all the nc parameters through the serial port (including the options) turn on ALL bits in setting parameter 8000. This may not work on controls for certain export markets.

Re: FANUC 15M Parameters 9000 how to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by zubairahmed770 View Post
    F.Sharifi : please send me secret
    code.
    Please send me the secret codes as well

Gentleman,

How to input option parameter in Fanuc system ( 15 M controller ) ?

Regards

V.Rajasekaran.
    SRV

When setting PWE, turn on ALL bits insetting param 8000.
    Read the parameter file through the serial port and all locked parameters will be inputted, even though it warns you.
    Cycle the power for the changes to take effect.

Page 1 of 2 12