I am trying to find out the correct terminology/Language that a Machinist understands and for my own interest of what I have done in the past.
Site used in my calculation Turning Speed and Feed Calculator

How do I calculate all the figures to relate to a fellow machinist?

In electronics the online calculators allow to input 2 known values and you get an answer. This is more complex.

The lath was a 1 " hollow spindle It got upgraded from single phase to 3 phase. (Snapped a few taps on single phase) size 6 B.A.

Problem:
Material is a P.V.C. and its a 1 inch No 18 (25 mm x 1" Press Faucet Socket) item. It used to have a Hex on over the thread ~40 mm OD.

Operation was to reduce the whole fitting to ~30 mm including the Hex in 1 Pass. So interrupted cut.

Spindle speed 1800 RPM with 1 " Tap held by a 3 jaw chuck with a spacer of 3/4 " as safety margin.

Tool was a special one that I had ground over time to do the required job. Once peak efficiency was obtained I used to spend hours backing the top surface off on an oil stone to retain the shape of the tool steel (HSS 10 mm square).

Feed speed for Lead screw was 28 Turns Per Inch. I do know what the T.P.I. will go down to for the fittings self destruct, Its a wonder I am still here to talk about it looking back.

Cutting fluid was supplied as a trickle through a caravan 12 Volt water pump on adjustable D.C. Supply. (Old School Series Type).

What calculators I have found so far I really have no idea because I was brought up on the MKS (Meter Kilogram Second) system AKA Metric.

Cutting Speed 14 137 SFM Surface Feet Per Minute at ~30 mm (1800 RPM).
Width of cut ~3 inches eg length of fitting one pass.
Engage Leed Screw anywhere from 3 to 2.4 seconds with ~20 mm margin to Crash the headstock.

History, Over 10 000 devices (Instruments) had 2 per unit off production line that we ran over the years.

The imperial system seems to be a lot faster to work with in terms of a manual operation from the Videos I have watched.

I Welcome any comments about my working life.