584,846 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help with MG205 Communicating

I recently purchased an used Multicam MG205 Router (2001). I supplied the computer and loaded Suite 4 software that the previous owner gave me. I configured the router to match the IP address of the computer along with the subnet mask #. This made it so the router would communicate with the computer. I also did an IP test on the computer and it said it passed. Today I tried running a simple program and it will not load. It comes up on the teach pendant and when I try to "play" the program it says " Please Wait" and on the computer I have the Job Console open and at the bottom it has error of : "Failed to get Controller Capability Bits".

Also on the connection manager on the computer it the MG205 shows up and say it is ONLINE, but under the connected column it says NO. Not sure how to get it connected?? Is this the reason I can't get a program to load??

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nathan

Re: Need Help with MG205 Communicating

Did you ever get your cnc working? I am having the same issue, and I have run out of things to try.

Thanks
    Tim

Tim,

I did. I ended up loading a different software on computer. The company I bought the router from gave me 2 different multicam versions. I also did not have a network router hooked up between cnc and desk top router. There is a gentleman that has replied on a lot of multicam posts, he actually gave me a call and walked me thru it. He is very knowledgeable on Multicam machines. Sorry I don't remember his name. Recently I had an issue with my machine not communicating and I call Multicam service and they walked me thru fixing it over the phone at no charge.

How this helps.

Nathan

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will look some more on Multicam forum. My machine was manufacturerd by EZCut which uses a Multicam controller. So service from Multicam is not so straight forward.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdmiller12 View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will look some more on Multicam forum. My machine was manufacturerd by EZCut which uses a Multicam controller. So service from Multicam is not so straight forward.

Thanks again.
    Did you ever figure out this issue? I just purchased a multicam plasma cutter and am getting the same error. Has me stumped.

Thanks in Advance!

IS this a multicam plasma or a ez cut plasma??//