584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Acromax with Yasnac MX1, Interface, memory, parameters issues.

Acromax with Yasnac MX1, Interface, memory, parameters issues.

I'm new to the forum. I have as noted in the title line. I bought this machine at auction. Had been sitting for about 9-10 years. Memory battery was low, reinstalled parameters per what appeared to be the parameter sheet. I have a friend that has the same machine. He sent me is parameters and I have installed those as well with no luck.
    Simptoms as follows:
    1. No RS 232c activity
    2. Manual functions work, except for Spindle control as far as speed (but I don't know if it is suppose to).
    3. Parameter locations 6030-6049 have no parameters and I can't seem to load any in those locations.
    4. No alarms displayed.
    5. My diagnostics data does not match those of my friends working machine, but I really don't know what that means for most part, as some of the data is subject to switch settings.
    6. Can not initiate tape read or any kind of data input.
    7. No data blinking "IN" for memory data input.

I'm new to CNC machines, so I have some learning to do. However, I am computer savy but it has been some time since I worked on a 8086 based system, nor do I have any historical data for them.

I'm now pulling out my hair which I have little of.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Wray

Re: Acromax with Yasnac MX1, Interface, memory, parameters issues.

Are you still here? I have the same machine, and I went through parameters with someone else on here....... --------------------- John

Hello John, Yes, I'm still here. I still have the same problems, Thanks for checking in with me, Wray.

Hi Wray.., So, how far have you come working on your mill? I don't want to babble on about things you already know, or have resolved......... John :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    Hi Wray.., So, how far have you come working on your mill? I don't want to babble on about things you already know, or have resolved......... John :cheers:
    Hi John, I'm not any further than before. I had started tracing wiring and found a few butch fixes that were bypassing the emergency stop function. I corrected that and was going on to get comfortable with the inners of the system. I had to table the project a while back and take care of some other priorities. I hope soon I can get back on it. Thanks for your interest, Wray, cheers:

Hi Wray, I've been looking for more Akromax info, and I am hitting all the old posts again. Have you done anymore on your machine? I now have 2 of them. One is a 6M, and the other an 11M. I have all of my machines home now, so I can concentrate on them more. Let me know if you need any help with your mill! ----------- John :cheers: