585,969 active members*
4,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > SYNTEC 4MA / 4MB network remote control (Industry 4.0 ?)

SYNTEC 4MA / 4MB network remote control (Industry 4.0 ?)

Hi Guys,

I'm considering the purchase of a machine having the SYNTEC 4MA or 4MB controller but I'm not able to get manuals either from the machine seller or Syntec itself (definitely not a good start!).

Can anybody give links for downloading the manuals?

What I actually would like to know is if the SYNTEC 4MA / 4MB controllers can be customized (I would like to add functionalities using C language or any other programming language).

Reason is I would like to implement some sort of integration with the PC in the office (via the ethernet network connection) like e.g. an alarm happens in the machine, the PC receives a notification; a part is completed (M30 is reached) and the PC increments the part count in the inventory database; etc. etc. Also in the opposite direction if possible e.g. emergency stop initiated from the PC.

My real question is, are these things possible with the SYNTEC 4MA / 4MB (which case I need the programming manuals) or if not, which controllers would make this possible? Can you give recommendations?

Some other models of SYNTEC? I see on their site they talk a lot about this kind of integration but nobody is able to tell me if the 4MA / 4MB do it.
    Or should I consider the (much) more expensive FANUC or SIEMENS ?

Thank you a lot in advance

Re: SYNTEC 4MA / 4MB network remote control (Industry 4.0 ?)

Did you ever figure anything out with this? also interested in this topic...