585,741 active members*
4,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SIEMENS 808 D and Industry 4.0

Hello,

I would like to know how the SIEMENS 808 D controller stands relatively to the Industry 4.0 concept
    or in other words if a CNC milling machine equipped with a SIEMENS 808 D controller could be integrated in a Industry 4.0 project.

Does any certification exist by Siemens, regarding which products are Industry 4.0 compliant?

I am considering the purchase of a machine equipped with the 808 D but I need it to be somehow Industry 4.0 "certified";
    I'm wondering whether the simple fact of having a certain controller would "certify" it or I need the machine manufacturer to emit a document.

Thank you in advance

Re: SIEMENS 808 D and Industry 4.0

Hi question what exactly do you try to achieve with your machine and what is your industry 4.0 relation ? I guess you are mislead by the meaning I guess ... THOmas

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi question what exactly do you try to achieve with your machine and what is your industry 4.0 relation ? I guess you are mislead by the meaning I guess ... THOmas
    Hi we get benefits if we purchase machines having the features required in Industry 4.0 projects.

The question is, I've read part of the manuals of the controller and it seems me it has all the required features (network diagnostics, integration, remote control, etc. etc.).
    Is it confirmed that the 808D / Advanced fits the specs for a Industry 4.0 - compatible CNC machine and,
    is there any kind of certification, paper or whatever that I could show inspectors when applying for the benefits?

I mean, for example, manufacturers do provide a "CE" certification for electrical equipment being shipped to Europe;
    is there any kind of paper or statement telling that a certain thing is Industry 4.0 - compatible ?

By the way I see Siemens is quite involved in Industry 4.0 and the Sinumerik line is always quoted in related papers

Hi
    i am sure if you buy a machine (like from us ) we get you a paper like this - But at the end of the day what do you try to achieve ? I think that industry 4.0 is the buzzword of 2014 but has some serious background ,.. When you think of how to come from idea (drawing ) to the pieces no matter if it is R&D medium or mass production if you look at the process how many breaks do you have how and why ? so i think that IT and producing of "pieces" will come together sooner or lather the big car companies are doing that already but they can control the whole toolchain. We as small or medium companies can not control whole toolchain so i think there will be sooner or later industry standards which will lead to a world imagine
    i have an product idea i do the electronics and software now i need an mold for plastic parts or gears whatever i can send out request like in an uber taxi and i get offers and delivery time and i can hopefully source it as local as possible ,.. then i assemble or let assemble and sell the product .... and every vendor on the way has his /its part ,..