584,833 active members*
5,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Hydraulic pressure switch

Hydraulic pressure switch

Starting a new thread from my leak in electrical cabinet, needing some help here to find this part, needing to get this thing running yesterday, even if someone knows the specs for the switch or can get a part number off theirs? all the numbers are worn off the tag on mine.

Avenger 250T

Having trouble finding this part, got a hold of Fives and they quoted me for a pressure switch, I looked it up on their website and its not the same part, I found the pressure switch they quoted me and its on the opposite side of the tank. I tried capping the line and leaving the switch out just for giggles and obviously got an error, a hydraulic pressure switch error. here is a pic of each one. They list a hydraulic pressure switch that looks identical but say it doesn't match my serial number, is it possibly a different part that happens to look like a hydraulic pressure switch?

The tee that this sensor is connected to comes out of the manifold, and the other side of the tee goes to the pressure gauge that is next to the tank fluid level gauge, it is not connected to any other part of the system with hydraulic lines. Any ideas? I've got parts piling up and they aren't returning my emails now.hydraulic pressure switch. Attachment 362646 Attachment 362648

here is a reference from the manual, my finger is pointed where this sensor/switch is located
    Attachment 362650

Thanks underthetire for pointing me in the right direction to find the leak.

Re: Hydraulic pressure switch

One of these should work, you just need to know the pressure range. Since it's in the same line as the pressure gauge that should be pretty easy to figure out.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...ssure_Switches

The gauge shows 0-1000, in the service manual in says set to 450 PSI decreasing. I'm not super knowledgeable about hydraulics, I know basics, so I guess looking at that page I should go for 50-500?

I would go with this one because it matches the gauge range. https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...PS25-1C-P1000D

It's normally better to have the set point mid-range. ''Set at 450 PSI, decreasing'' means that the switch should change state (turn off, in this case) as the pressure crosses 450 PSI when the pressure is dropping. Normally kinda close is good enough, you will never get it exact. I'm guessing the actual normal operating pressure is around 600-750 PSI

Here is the manual https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...osense_mps.pdf

A really quick way to get going again is to install your existing switch with some extended wires to break the fluid path to the control cabinet and just let it drip into a pan until you get a new switch. At least you would be up and running again.

Thank you very much for the information and guidance, I appreciate it!

Update, I got the switch you recommended, ran it to the max, marked it, ran to the minimum, and split the difference, installed it and voila! :banana: My lathe is back up and running. I did have to step down the wire size since the old connector was about 3 times the size of the old one, but that was the only thing in the way of plug and play. Thank you again Jim for all the help :cheers:

I'm happy to hear you're up and running. Glad I could help out. :cheers:

I wasn’t aware of this ecommerce website. I have been trying to find the pressure switch on alibaba but I couldn’t find anything relevant. After searching for hours on various ecomm sites, I landed up on this forum and finally was able to find the part that I needed! But they aren’t delivering it in India. I tried to buy from another seller on this website but they don’t deliver it to India either. I was sure that I would be able to buy the electronic pressure switch from foreign sellers because the Indian hydraulic equipment market is pretty large. Have you traded on this site? Is there any other way to get it delivered? I even tried Grainger but the results keep showing me electronic pressure sensors. Please recommend me a website that sells to India.