584,802 active members*
4,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Modified Treadmill Motor

Since I've had a lot of success with treadmill motors on my mills, I've decided to modify and sell these on ebay.

Mill/Lathe Spindle Motor/ Modified Treadmill Motor | eBay

This one is 2.25-2.8 Hp and you can get about 6000-7000 RPMs at around 130vdc. It's designed to fit the mini mill belt drive with a 70mm m6 bolt pattern; but you can attach it to anything. I turned the shaft to 9mm, but if there is any interest for a different size, let me know. The largest size would be 17mm.

I have only one left right now but plan on making some more face plates soon.
    Shaun
    my x2 conversion ------> http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36403

Re: Modified Treadmill Motor

Jeeezuzzzz Mary and Josefff !!

Where was this post 2 months ago - whilst I was banging my dome against the wall for a clue and a solution to the X2 upgrade motor blues!

Ive got a few motors now thru trial and error - Id love some details on your mounting plates and the ability to turn down the shafts ...

PM sent ....

Quote Originally Posted by skmetal7 View Post
    Since I've had a lot of success with treadmill motors on my mills, I've decided to modify and sell these on ebay.

Mill/Lathe Spindle Motor/ Modified Treadmill Motor | eBay

This one is 2.25-2.8 Hp and you can get about 6000-7000 RPMs at around 130vdc. It's designed to fit the mini mill belt drive with a 70mm m6 bolt pattern; but you can attach it to anything. I turned the shaft to 9mm, but if there is any interest for a different size, let me know. The largest size would be 17mm.

I have only one left right now but plan on making some more face plates soon.