584,830 active members*
5,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

Quote Originally Posted by ky1duck View Post
    So what stepper motor drivers being used with nvum?.
    I am using HY-DIV268N-5A, with minor modifications. All three axis are working well with two NEMA 23 and one NEMA 34 motor. I have run them fast and slow. Not seeing any dropout.
    I am using a 25Volt power supply to the NVUM, and 36 volts to the drivers. The 36 volt supply is analog with a large transformer. I also have a 100 UF 63V cap at the top of each driver on the power terminals. With the distributed capacitance not getting much noise. I will try to get an oscilloscope on it this weekend.
    tholling55

I thought about the issue you documented and wanted to note that there are several versions of the NVUM USB driver out. One is labeled 100KHZ. That driver does not work reliably in my system either. It does something odd to the motor timing. I tried it, then switched back to the original driver and everything seems reliable again. Which driver are you using?

Sorry for the delay, been busy at work. I have 3 different versions Of the driver, I am using k eight now. And I did find out that it was just wouldn't work with my old m5r2 drivers. I ordered a few tb6600 and it works good with them. On a down note I blew the motor control board in my x2, waiting for my new and whole lot better one to show up now. Will be doing a full review video on 2 different motor control board I found. A good one and a cheap Chinese one.

Quote Originally Posted by morg769 View Post
    Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod
    Hi, thanks for sharing the detail which is more useful. Since im building a CNC machine as a first time Hobby work, im literally confused on the wiring, im planning to make two different type of 6 axis machine operation 1) Orientable-Spindle machine 2) Orientable-table Machine. based on the manual i have done teh wiring detail for all the component, Still im unable to conclude the wiring completion for VFD / Limit switch /E-Stop / MPG. and need the list of power supply on the same.

here with im attaching the available circuit diagram, request you to cross verify and guide me for the further wiring, if there is nay correction required, plz let me know.

Attachment 395810

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slU...xN9zuPfswfRd0t

Kindly do teh needful

Quote Originally Posted by JUGETEK-Rony View Post
    I brought a copy one at low price : Novusun NVEM USB control card
    It works well.
    Hi, thanks for sharing the detail which is more useful. Since im building a CNC machine as a first time Hobby work, im literally confused on the wiring, im planning to make two different type of 6 axis machine operation 1) Orientable-Spindle machine 2) Orientable-table Machine. based on the manual i have done teh wiring detail for all the component, Still im unable to conclude the wiring completion for VFD / Limit switch /E-Stop / MPG. and need the list of power supply on the same.

here with im attaching the available circuit diagram, request you to cross verify and guide me for the further wiring, if there is nay correction required, plz let me know.

6 axis NVUM control board.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slU...xN9zuPfswfRd0t

Kindly do teh needful

Quote Originally Posted by morg769 View Post
    Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod

Dear Friend

Since this is my first time machine build as my hobby work , Im totally confused and im unable to move further for the wiring connectivity keep struggling for months together.
    Circuit details are mentioned below:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUm...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoT...ew?usp=sharing

Considering on the above circuit details , Kindly give the answer / guide /solution for each of the below question:
    1) Im planning to operate the control board to make both the functional machine 1) orientable- Spindle machine 2) orientable - Table Machine { both the METHODOLOGY detail i have mentioned in the attached drawing } , is it possible operate in this method? Or needs to change any mentioned axis.

2) OPTION-1 as a Orientable -Spindle Machine = X- Axis / Y- Axis / Z- Axis / A-Axis (as a 4th axis) / B-Axis (as a 5th axis ) and W-Axis (as a 6th axis) basically where spindle alone will take action of move (up & down) ( front & Back), in the position of spindle body dependence on the effect of A-Axis & B- Axis . in this case can i take a control terminal from C Axis? or there are some other options available ? or its not possible? For your better understanding im attaching a machine detail with considered axis.

3) OPTION-2 as Orientable-Table Machine = X- Axis / Y- Axis / Z- Axis / B-Axis (as a 4th axis) / C-Axis (as a 5th axis ) . is it correct?

4) For OUTX connection , What is the capacity of relay needs to use for this complete setup? plz provide me the product link its possible.

5) What is the capacity of POTENTIOMETER needs to connect for this complete setup? plz provide me the product link its possible.

6) MPG wiring connections are correct? ( MPG product link -
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NVMP...311.0.0.nfVxqg
    )

7) VFD wire connection is correct? if any thing needs to add or if some thing is wrong plz guide me how to connect.(simple hand sketch also fine) (product link -
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...608.0.0.moeUKz
    )

8) Im planning to make a physical HOMING & LIMIT SWITCH for the all 6 Axis ( X / Y / Z / A / B / C ) , in this case in manual there is one number of limit switch where shown, but im having 12 numbers , plz guide me how to connect? (simple hand sketch also fine)

9) If im using PROXIMEY limit switch means, how i can connect for all 6 Axis ?

10) In SPINDLE S-AXIS - ( INDEX ) Is this terminals not required to connect anywhere? If this terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

11) In OUT PORT ( OUT-4 , OUT-6 , OUT-8 , OUT-10 , OUT-5 , OUT-7 , OUT-9 ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

12) In MPG ( 10X , E-STOP , B-IN , Z-IN , X-IN , 100X , 1X , C-IN , A-IN , Y-IN , GND ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

13) In 12-32Vin = shall we go a head with 36V power supply ? If you can able to give teh product link will be much helpful.

14) Communication external interface terminal ( white plug with 4 connecting lead) where to connect? what its purpose? in manual also no detail available.

15) In INPUT PORT - ( INP-3 , INP-4 , INP-5 , INP-6 , INP-7 , 12V , INP-8 , INP-9 , INP-10 , INP-11 , INP-12 , GND 1 ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

16) Kindly give the list of power supply unit for the complete set

17) Can we use this Control board for the plasma cutting machine too?

Request you to help me out to complete this project.

Hi my friend could you please send to me USB cable inclusive
    Program & manual by email.

Hi asuratman i have thos card, but i don´t know how to use , could you please help me...

I'm running the Version 2 of this Controller (see my video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6ZD2vEz1s
    Unless the controller is bad it sounds like a settings issue in the MACH3 setup.
    Follow the ports and pins setup from the Novsusun manual and you'll be ok. I have the A axis slaved to the y axis with the motor reversed. Works fine.

Problems with VSun R2 6 axis

Anything is OK, i have only problems, the axis, do not go, example Z must be increas when go up, + direction, and - down direction, it's not possible, to reverse the
    signal direction, i set anything, also to invert the motor by hardware, when i push Z + in the jog it go up, but count down, and is not possible to change,
    what i can do??
    Thanks
    Maurizio Crescini
    www.syntcncsrl.com

Go to Menu-Config-Port&Pins -- Motor Output on Mach3 sofware,you can change the Z axis direction.

Huan Chen
    Digital Dream
    Digital Dream Automation Technology Co., Ltd.Digital Dream

Page 2 of 2 12