585,567 active members*
3,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question SCMi Routech Record 132 NT

Hey guys, first post, I'm fairly certain this is where I would ask this.
    If not, please move it to the correct location.

A little background first. I've been running and programming SCM machines for 4 years now,
    and I know a lot about them, however this situation is uncharted territory, and I was hoping someone
    here could point me in the right direction.

Two days ago, my operator mis-entered a BZ offset, and the machine head dropped below the
    rails. He used the emergency pressure pads on the floor to stop it and sent the machine home
    without raising the head. Needless to say, the head hit the rails, destroyed a custom insert
    body, and moved the entire head assembly mechanically.

So, I get the dial indicator, reset the B and C axis to within 0.0005" of horizontal
    and perpendicular, adjust my x,y, and z for the movement in the head, and adjust the C
    rotation for tool pickup from 90 degrees to 89. Everything seemed to check out, and I had
    Him start running flat stock for stair parts.

No issues arose because there wasn't any B/C rotation. Today he ran some curved rake handrail
    and everything was wrong. Then it hit me, RTCP has been moved, and has to be re-centered.
    I then had my operator run a 12" square with a 2" wide by .5" deep route on all 5 faces since
    I know that RTCP uses a coordinate transformation in order to compensate for the rotation of
    the nutuating head. With the square program, I know that it will give me all the information
    I need to make the adjustments, I'm just not 100% sure how to take the information and get
    To the solution.

In addition, after poking around in the configuration files and trying to understand Italian, I found that
    there are about 5 files that control RTCP. One is the formula for the transformations, and
    the other 4 are establishing the variables and feeding them to the formula to produce the
    compensation. The majority of the variables are vector coordinates such as u,v,w, and I,j,k.
    How exactly would I translate the information from the calibration program into vector coordinates?

Thank you in advanced,
    Ryan Cochran

Service SCM BR Guest

Re: SCMi Routech Record 132 NT

For adjust the RTCP is better call technical Authorized SCM.