585,685 active members*
5,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Laser makes step marks on round forms instead of smooth curves ?!

Laser makes step marks on round forms instead of smooth curves ?!

I got some job to do involving some small rounded letters and discovered that my laser does step marks instead of smooth curves along the edge .
    It reduces the quality of the cut . some suggest that it might be the acrylic that I am using , but then i tested it on a cardboard and it does the same .
    In the file the curves seem to be smooth enough but in reality there are these little steps , like small edges along the curves . anyone had the same problem ?! , is there something i need to do with the step motors or in the program it self.
    I use chinese laser cutter and RD8 works software . pls help . i got limited time , thx

Re: Laser makes step marks on round forms instead of smooth curves ?!

if you do your design in Coreldraw you might try the JOIN CURVES setting also you should beable to adjust power for the curves. keep corner power the same as cut power
    Quote Originally Posted by parapsyhodelic View Post
    I got some job to do involving some small rounded letters and discovered that my laser does step marks instead of smooth curves along the edge .
    It reduces the quality of the cut . some suggest that it might be the acrylic that I am using , but then i tested it on a cardboard and it does the same .
    In the file the curves seem to be smooth enough but in reality there are these little steps , like small edges along the curves . anyone had the same problem ?! , is there something i need to do with the step motors or in the program it self.
    I use chinese laser cutter and RD8 works software . pls help . i got limited time , thx