Register for free
Login

Thread: Concrete VMC

Page 17 of 19 71516171819
    Registered

Re: Concrete VMC

Quote Originally Posted by __Britt View Post
    Machine envy... I has it.

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but... it looks like the spindle is setup for an automatic tool changer?
    yeah he will take care of that when the rest of the machine is done (assembly, alignment, paint, enclosure, flood coolant), he will use the machine to make the parts he need for the ATC. should be umbrella carousel type with servo motor rotation. I've been talking with Stef so I'm kinda in the loop XD

Registered

I really liked the sound of the cuts.

In the end you can tell how the mill is going to perform by the sound. Most hobby mills are light and have a higher ring to the sound. The buzz from yours has a nice damped solid sound. It really looks like this setup might be in line with a pro machine.

Really nice job.

One of my favorite builds ever.
    youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Registered

Thanks every one for the kind reply's.
    Im pretty happy with the result so far. In the movie nothing was really carefully bolted and aligned. First want to have an proper enclosure before trying test cuts again.
    Machine is designed in solidworks so far im not planning to release the designs before its completely builded.
    There will definitely be an ATC on this machine, thats a dream from be beginning of the build. Like Vakeiros said first I want the machine to be fully functional and then as a first project i want to machine the ATC parts on the mill it self.
    Way covers will arrive next week. all parts for the Counterweight system also have been ordered and can be machined next week. Now its really coming to designing that freaking enclosure which is quite a pain in the ass...

stef

Stef

Registered

I saw a mention to a mark Muller vmc build but can't find it? Could someone kindly provide a link.
    Thanks

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Registered

He has a few youtube videos which shows a lot of pictures: https://www.youtube.com/user/dernucky/videos
    He has a build thread on a german cnc forum which need to register if you want to have a look http://www.cncecke.de

Stef

Registered

Small update, all home sensors have been mounted and cable chains on the X and Y axis. Also recived a tool setter, today made a connection box on the side of the table so if ever needed i can remove the tool setter if i need bigger space on the table.
    Started designing the enclosure and controll panel which is quite hard to do.
    Im struggling on how i could best mount those doors and make them slide easily. Now im thinking on using those miniature linear guides mgn15 or so and mounting the doors on a few of those carriages.

Stef

Registered

Is the t slot table steel?

Registered
    Yes the tslot table is from steel i belief it is c45.

Stef

Registered

Did you buy the tslot table somewhere or have it made?

How long do you leave the Cast in the oven for to cure?

Thanks
    Chris

Registered

I bought the t-slot table at https://vacuumtables.co.uk they made a custom one for me according to my own drawing.
    The castings have been in the oven for like 24 hours at a max of 55 degrees.

Stef

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by stef110 View Post
    I bought the t-slot table at https://vacuumtables.co.uk they made a custom one for me according to my own drawing.
    The castings have been in the oven for like 24 hours at a max of 55 degrees.

Stef
    Thank you

Registered

This weekend made big progress on the pneumatic counterweight. Main parts are done now. Only need to put in some bearings and make some brackets that will attach the chain to the milling head. The cylinder will be connected to an air tank in a closed circuit and will filled with air just enough to make the head weightless. There will be an pressure switch in the system that will trigger an alarm on the control panel in case of an air leak.

Stef

Page 17 of 19 71516171819