584,802 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Concrete VMC

Page 9 of 16 7891011

Re: Concrete VMC

Thanks for showing us those. The parts look beautiful!

I'm impressed, beautiful work! Its really more like Art.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Nice work!
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Spend this weekend on machining the main block of the head. The head now has been mounted on the column and i have tested to see if the servo is strong enough to move the head without counterweight. Seems the servo didnt had any problem with it.
    I also tested it with the servo on top so there should be a weight of around 110kg on the ball screw. Still no problem to do rapids at 15m/min.
    Next step is making the mounting bracket for the spindle and the atc cylinder and mounting the pullyes to the spindle. Then i should be able to do some test cuts (without squaring anything).

More pictures of projects i have done and higher quality pictures can be found at: Powered by jGallery2-stable

Stef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KJC4Fb_9s

is that from me or the ballscrew is making strange noise at the ends?? if yes I guess you have an alignment problem and when the nut gets closer to the fixed blocks it struggles to move ant makes the noise, also will wear the ballscrew...

looking great otherwise!

Yes im aware of that, I guess the length of the ball nut bracket isn't right.
    Today i recived a pneumatic cylinder to act as counterweight and ordered a buffer air tank.

Stef

great, BTW can you show me the air tank buffer you ordered? I already have my air cylinder for the counterweight, also I've here an old 20l CO2 bottle that I'm thinking of using to the tank buffer... might be overkill but it's here already at 0 cost....

I ordered a 20 liter truck air tank that they use for the pneumatic brakes. The capacity of my air cylinder is about 2 liter and have a tank that will be 10 times bigger. There will be a pressure rise but not that big.
    Tank will be guarded with a pressure switch that will set an alarm on the controls if air is leaking away.

https://www.logistiekdirect.be/lucht...er-o276x414-mm

stef

yeah looks good, and cheap :P

I can't tell you how many projects I've seen stall out and the OPs disappear. To see all the axis installed and running, simply outstanding. And those robotics images, holy ****.

Just came back from vacation, now have some time to work on the mill again. Reached a huge new milestone the spindle is spinning. Yesterday machined a bracket to mount that huge servo on the head.
    Today machined the pulleys to size and mounted them on the servo. Hooked up the driver and connected it to the cnc controller and works like a charm.
    Yesterday also the custom made T nut table arrived from Vacuum tables UK Looks supper nice and shiny.
    Next thing to do is making the mounting bracket for the ATC cilinder so i can load some tools and do a test cut.

Made a small movie running an old drilling program dry with a tool change half way.

Stef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxEjcLrRO9Q

This has to be my favorite thread on the forum. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by burbingus View Post
    This has to be my favorite thread on the forum. Nice work!
    I agree, nice work, very interested in the test cut results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First test cut is a fact. This morning i first finished the bracket for the air cylinder after that i was able to load tools in the spindle.
    Did a test cut on a piece of aluminium started slow with a low feed rate but after seeing how it went i cracked it up a bit ending up with 4000mm/min 10mm DOC and 1.5mm WOC at 6000rpm
    Probably a p*ssy cut for the machine but i had no idea what i could expect.

Next thing i want to do is mounting the home sensors and installing some cable chains. Also need to order the way covers for Y and Z axis.
    Feeling so excited to see it make chips after putting so many hours of work. Next cuts will have to wait till i have proper enclosure because this makes one hell of a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvh2v1rE8iM

Nice, looks like a success. Video is real time?
    An enclosure would be a time saver. I have a Cnc knee mill and it makes a huge mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes video is in real time. It looks a bit weird because after a while i crank up the feed rate. That enclose will be there there is also flood coolant on my list

Stef

Congratulations! Looks awesome!

Wow! Congratulations! Inspirational work!
    I'm a longtime reader of this forum (without registration), but today I made my decision and register to comment here
    And a question about one of your measuring tools: what was the source of your straight edge?

Hey thanks i really appreciate the comments!
    I bought this straight edge here: https://www.hogetex.com/meten/linial...reien-din874-0
    I have the 1000x100x30. You planning on building a machine to?

stef

Thanks for your answer. And yes, I have a plan to build one as well, but a little bit smaller than yours
    First I have a lot to learn and I will jump in this playground with smaller projects. I'm also a hobbyist, so i have time, passion etc to let myself dreaming ...

Page 9 of 16 7891011