584,826 active members*
4,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Concrete VMC

Page 16 of 16 6141516

Re: Concrete VMC

Good job!
    You inspired me in building my new cnc, and you keep doing it!
    You are great!
    I would also like to equip my cnc with 5 axes!
    what harmonic drive did you use? can you enter the link please?
    ratio?
    Thanks for the info!

You were planning on an X600 Y300 Z550 travel range, right? Must've been epic for a home build. Hope everything turned out as solid as you'd planned!

Quote Originally Posted by NIC 77 View Post
    It seems reasonable to me also. But I've never done it.

My preference would be to use a big steel beam(s) structure, then fill that with epoxy granite or concrete when you're done.

An alternative method would be to use stainless steel shim tape for fitting adjustments. I have some of the stuff and I love it. Then you could put some mold release on one side and when you reassemble, the force of gravity would squish out any extra epoxy.

But like I said, what you are proposing sounds reasonable, and could would allow for a more precise adjustment than the alternative I suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    How do you like the table at 110cm? My larger vmcs (fadals) have table height around 85cm.
    Quote Originally Posted by stef110 View Post
    Every one thanks for the responses. Im not a math guy so there is no calculation behind my design or component choose. I reduced weight of the column a little its now on 280kg of concrete.
    I added a drawing with some dimensions on it so you guys can have an idea of the size. Most all concrete builded cnc mills i can find online are just solid chunks im not trying to a chief a ultra high end milling machine its still a hobby machine.
    And in any way it will be way more rigid then my current mill.

Im trying to avoid epoxy granite because i don't want to wash 700 kg of gravel. I did a test mold 2 years ago with epoxy and wash only 7 kg of gravel was a lot of work.

Today first batch of bolts and nuts came in to make all the anker points in the base and column.

About the height off the machine bed, im a tall guy (195) so i don't mind if my work space is high. I will try to aim this build on 100cm to 105cm now.

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by stef110 View Post
    Started today on machine the steel inserts that arrived this week. Also made 3 test casts now with 3 different epoxy amounts.

stef

If you need mineral castings.You can contact me, my email:[email protected]
    I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.
    My English is very average and I don't know how to upload photos. Very reason to share my product with you.

https://grabcad.com/library/cnc-lath...ral-castings-1

Its been awhile that i have been on the forum, recently i noticed my build pictures are missing everywhere so i decided to make a small video with a slideshow with most of the pictures and some descriptions on it. so the pictures wont get lost in the future.

Stef

so you used dwh, I was sure you had everything machined instead.

Page 16 of 16 6141516