584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sinumerik 810D LED LED showing fault SF and PF .

I have a Anderson 2004 Omnitech Selexx Pal with the Siemens 810d Controllers that I am in the process of relocating and recommissioning a and could use some assistance.Currently I have the follow LED showing fault SF and PF. Would like some feedback on possible cause..

Re: Sinumerik 810D LED LED showing fault SF and PF .

The SF is a segment fault on profibus, and the PF is a power fault however these can be misleading, or at least not descriptive.

A normal action to ensure that its not a controller fault is to perform a PLC and NCK reset, however this will wipe whatever PLC program and NCK configuration is in there. If you are not the OEM of the machine, you may be in a world of trouble if you attempt this without a working and current backup and the ability to restore it with a PG/PC and MPI cable.

You mentioned that you relocated the machine. If anything was disassembled, then I would ensure that your power connections are measured and correct, and that your profibus connections are all correct. If you did not place the same profibus cables back on the same terminals, this may result in a problem. In certain topologies, a terminating resistor is required at the end of a bus line or the end of a branch. If these were moved (terminations are not on the same places that they originally were) this can cause this problem.

Also, check all your estops and wiring of any off board estops you may have. Often these are implemented where an e-stop will put the siemens control into this state.

PF = program fault
    SF = system fault,

Left hand bank of leds indicate the NC, right hand leds are PLC. If the plc is in run which it looks to be as numerical display is 6 and +5 and PR (program run) are illuminated, you may just have a hardware mismatch in your hardware config (which can be diagnosed further by hooking up a laptop with s7 and going into hardware diagnostics). Do you have any alarms on hmi? If you have anything like "standard machaine data loaded" or "no connection to NC/plc" then you have suffered data loss or corruption.

[QUOTE=Control_CNC;2057162]PF = program fault
    SF = system fault,
    no connection to NC/plc" then you have suffered data loss or corruption..[/QUOTE
    I get this message when I tried to start up the first time. ....................."120202 Wait for connection to NC/PLC

Quote Originally Posted by FailerJerry View Post

Also, check all your estops and wiring of any off board estops you may have. Often these are implemented where an e-stop will put the siemens control into this state.
    I originally did not have the IR guard light connected. I did connect them and applied correct air pressure to machine . Still no change.

Check behind hmi panel, what is the pcu type, pcu20, pcu50, mmc102, mmc103? There should be a Siemens sticker indicating type. Hopefully you have a pcu50 with .arc backup on.

Also check profibus connections, purple cable coming out of the ccu, it will have a red switch with 2 positions, on and off. If the plug has two purple cables, i.e. One going in, one going out then switch needs to be off. If it just has one purple cable going in, it needs to be on. This cable will route around your machine hardware, from ccu to plc i/o hmi, to control panel etc. Make sure switch settings are correct at each place.

The CNC has a PC based hmi, that go through a cp 5611 card in a Windows 98 system. I believe I found the original parameters for CNC controller.I would appreciate it if someone could check the following link to see if the parameters are there . I need to verify I have the correct information before I call in a tech if I'm not able to do it myself. I appreciate any instructions to reinstall the parameters to my 810d controller.
    https://mega.nz/#F!sDpUXRZS!TFjQln3xX1WxL3lqYwA9Hw

Hi Again, sorry for late response as not been on in a while. I had a look through your files and there are several backups of NC & PLC datas on there in .arc formats route path: (cnc - siemens - sinumerik - mmc103 - DH - arc.dir)

These are sufficient datas needed for a complete reload. The only thing to watch is how uptodate those datas are, ie if it has had a new encoder, ballscrew , re-alignment etc, grid positions may differ on backup to current if the machine hasn't recently been backed up. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my CNC machine. The battery was broken and I have at now the 120202 "connection error".

I have a different color light in my "SIMODRIVE" module (images light.jpg)

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Mi model is a Sinumerik 840D attach images with information

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light01.jpg   light02.jpg   error.jpg   model.jpg  

reloaded NC & PLC data and it solved the issue, Appreciate the help.

jugarcma did you get the 120202 "connection error". problem solved?

Please, tell me exactly how you loaded them there from this state?

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not an expert in this domain; that's why I choose simple light bulbs that don't need a lot of knowledge to be understood. For example, some months ago, I bought some smart light bulbs from vont.com, and they were the best investment I made in my house. They change the atmosphere in my house, making it feel more comfortable, and they are super accessible, which make everything even better. If you have the change, I will change the light system in the house to not have these types of problems.