585,996 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > (spine (print not to scale)
Page 1 of 2 12

(spine (print not to scale)

Hello All! I have made a small open ended spline obout 3 inchs long.
    When i print out the cad drawing it is about 3/4 scale.(about 2 inchs long) The scale in the lower right hand of the drawing says 1 ... I also drew a 2 inch square box and a 4 inch circle and they print out to size correctly.
    what am i doing wrong? Thank you very much.....Dean

Quote Originally Posted by dneufell View Post
    Hello All! I have made a small open ended spline obout 3 inchs long.
    When i print out the cad drawing it is about 3/4 scale.(about 2 inchs long) The scale in the lower right hand of the drawing says 1 ... I also drew a 2 inch square box and a 4 inch circle and they print out to size correctly.
    what am i doing wrong? Thank you very much.....Dean
    Have you looked at your printer settings?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hi Toby....Printer settings? In Bobcad? In Print setup it just asks for the type
    of printer i have,paper size and orientation of the paper....in bobcad the print button opens a dialoge box of drawing scale ,scale 1:1 and fit all bullet. I have tryed all three and the same thing happens....the circle and square come out to size but the spline does not...Thank you .....Dean

Hi Toby....Printer settings? In Bobcad? In Print setup it just asks for the type
    of printer i have,paper size and orientation of the paper....in bobcad the print button opens a dialoge box of drawing scale ,scale 1:1 and fit all bullet. I have tryed all three and the same thing happens....the circle and square come out to size but the spline does not...Thank you .....Dean

Have you called BCC Support or Posted in their Support Forum?
    http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

This issue seems odd...afterall a Spline in Version 21 is just a series of lines and arcs, it is not really a Spline.

Could you post the file for us to see? It may be something that I can even help with.

Regards

Spline print

Hello All! I also have tryed this on Bobcad ver19 with the same results.
    The 4 inch circle and the 3 inch square printed right to size. The spline printed about .600 short on the over all length......Thank you....Dean

{{To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.}}

I have tryed to attach the cad file to this post....it asked me to to look thru
    my harddrive to find the file which i did and to press the upload button.....
    I must have done something wrong.....back to the drawing board!!!!

2nd try

1st try Bobcad cad file
    2nd try Bobcad dxf file

......Dean
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have tryed to attach the cad file to this post....it asked me to to look thru
    my harddrive to find the file which i did and to press the upload button.....
    I must have done something wrong.....back to the drawing board!!!!
    There is a List of Uploadable Files in the Attachments Window. This Forum won't accept BCC CAD files. You would have too Zip them using this www.filzip.com

BCC's forum will accept BCC Files though. http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachments list.JPG  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

The dxf file printed just fine. There were no discrepencies between the image size and the printed size. Do you get the same result when printing the dxf file as you do when printing the cad file?

Regards

spline print

I must be explaining it wrong......I have a shape to cut on the mill.
    the length is 3.625 How i drew the spline is i have a paper cutout of the shape that i taped to the computer screen. I placed the points along the edge and then slected spine to make the points blend. Print function says 1:1 scale is at 1 It prints the spline length about 3.0 (but the circle and square print right to size) Thanks....Dean

Yes same result when printing the cad file and dxf file.....Thanks.....Dean

I must be explaining it wrong......I have a shape to cut on the mill.
    the length is 3.625 How i drew the spline is i have a paper cutout of the shape that i taped to the computer screen. I placed the points along the edge and then slected spine to make the points blend. Print function says 1:1 scale is at 1 It prints the spline length about 3.0 (but the circle and square print right to size) Thanks....Dean

As a test Rotate the Spline 90 Degrees and print it again. This might be a WideScreen Issue
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

spline print

Hello All.....I mesured the screen with a digital calipers and the 1 inch hash
    mark is 1.130 0r so Scale says 1.......even though the screen is not to size the screen ...the circle and square do print out to size......very intresting.....Dean

Have a look at this. I drew two points and measured them with a Straight Line (= 4.86). The spline will be longer because the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

I printed as both Landscape and Portrait and both = 4.86 on the dot.

Also if your Spline is drawn in two different Planes like XZ a 10" Spline Viewed and measured from the XY Plane (depending on the angle) could possibly measure .1"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spline measurment.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

how about this....take a piece of paper and cut a straight line and a small arc at the end of the line( looks like the letter j) make it 3 inchs long. Then put the paper on the computer screen to trace it starting at x0 y0. Then put some points along the paper/screen (start at x0 y0 and end at say x-.400
    y3.0)and then print it out.....is yours 3 inches long? Mine is not.....Dean

how about this....take a piece of paper and cut a straight line and a small arc at the end of the line( looks like the letter j) make it 3 inchs long. Then put the paper on the computer screen to trace it starting at x0 y0. Then put some points along the paper/screen (start at x0 y0 and end at say x-.400
    y3.0)and then print it out.....is yours 3 inches long? Mine is not.....Dean
    A Monitor for a PC won't show the true size of the drawing. If you look at the bottom right of the BCC Window there is a Scale. That Scale is the size to which your zoomed into.

If you have a Widescreen Monitor a Circle may look more like an Ellipse.
    A true 1:1 Ratio on a PC Monitor is impossible as far as I know.

Think of a Monitor as a Visual Comparator. You might be looking at a .005 Radius but the Comparator shows it as a 5" Radius.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I printed the file from Bobcad 21.5.2. All printed fine with the selection Scale 1:1 selected. I think you may have errored when you taped the "pattern to the screen and plottted your point along your cut out. At the time when you where plotting did the window in the lower right of your screen say 1:1 ? When I opened the file it came in at a scale of 1.047. You must have the screen set at 1:1 to do what you did with any kind of luck. When the circle and square are on the screen, do they measure correct with a ruler? This all sounds very arcane now that I am trying to explain this. Do you have white out marks on your screen too? Just kidding....
    I just checked something, If you go to view options in bobcad you will find a place to set the scale, set it to 1, then don't zoom in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by DJPLAST View Post
    I printed the file from Bobcad 21.5.2. All printed fine with the selection Scale 1:1 selected. I think you may have errored when you taped the "pattern to the screen and plottted your point along your cut out. At the time when you where plotting did the window in the lower right of your screen say 1:1 ? When I opened the file it came in at a scale of 1.047. You must have the screen set at 1:1 to do what you did with any kind of luck. When the circle and square are on the screen, do they measure correct with a ruler? This all sounds very arcane now that I am trying to explain this. Do you have white out marks on your screen too? Just kidding....
    I just checked something, If you go to view options in bobcad you will find a place to set the scale, set it to 1, then don't zoom in or out.

I don't see that option in the Main Menu, is it in the Environment?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Menu across top between Nesting and Special/NC-CAM "Views", drop down box, Options.

Page 1 of 2 12