I am 70 and I bought a new plasmacam a few years back for hobby use only. It blew the controller twice within the first 24 hours of run time. The cost was about $8,000 plus $1,000 for Advanced Design Software Upgrade plus $1,000 Basic Height Control Plus $1,000 Full 3D Capability.

Total about $11,000 plus shipping and tax.
The second time it blew up I sent in the controller and motors. I asked the support person what would make it blow up twice. He told me I could have a intermittent short in the wiring harness. And that to be on the safe side they would send me a new wiring harness. I received my motors and a new controller but no wiring harness, it was all under warranty.
The wiring harness costs $98 to buy but I never received it.
Now two years later having never used the machine since the second time it blew up, I still have not received the wiring harness!
When I called them about the harness they called me a liar and said I received it.
After spending about $12,000 and at age 70, I can not believe they did this to me for a $98 item!. :-(
I even offered to return my original wiring harness with not a mark on it, in pristine shape, to prove I was not trying to put anything over on them.
PS There is no way to check for an intermittent short from the factory under the plastic/rubber cover. And the plasmacam tech said he has had it happen.