584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Building a slip roll machine

Anyone have plans or know of any for Building a slip roll machine 24" wide?
    Thanks, Woodie1

heres a 24" pinch roller, better than a pyramid roll imo, that I made. it loosely follows plans that we in Model Engineers Workshop years ago, but they are fairly simple and easy to freelance. most of the time it sits its box patiently waiting for me to one day need to roll something

That is a purty nice looking roll you built there.
    If I didn't already have a 52" roll, I would build one like that!
    Thumbs up!
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Plans for a unit close to what you asked for are HERE
    Have fun building.

You could build one for me Massajamesb!

That link comes up with nothing for me???

Sure, I will build you one Weldtutor, but I am out of metal, all I have to work with is a couple of sticks, a wad of Bazooka Joe bubble gum, duct tape, and some tussin and campho phenique.

Let's see what I can make from that.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

-RedGreen show.

Don't Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by massajamesb View Post
    That link comes up with nothing for me???
    Works Now!

Had one too many Hyper Text Transfer Protocols.(nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    heres a 24" pinch roller, better than a pyramid roll imo, that I made. it loosely follows plans that we in Model Engineers Workshop years ago, but they are fairly simple and easy to freelance. most of the time it sits its box patiently waiting for me to one day need to roll something

Where can I get the Plans?
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by massajamesb View Post
    Bazooka Joe bubble gum, duct tape,

Let's see what I can make from that.
    I'll step aside & let Woodie1 have the "first off" that you make, as he is still looking for plans.

I could never find a good flux to use with that gum, & the local tape suppliers don't have spec sheets to show the amperage & polarity settings to use.

It seems I'll have to carry on fabricating with wire & gas.

Oh, and I forgot to mention baling wire. I have at least half a rusty roll of that.

-RedGreen show.

Post Asking for drawings

Dear Mcgyver.

I am interested on to build a slip roller like the one you built. Are your drawings available ?, is it some charge ?

Please let me know.

Best wishes.

Abraham Barreda.

thanks, I have no plans for what i built, in form it follows pretty closely to a build article in Model Engineers Workshop years ago but i freelanced a little with dimensions. its copyright so i shouldn't copy it - inquire with the mag about back issues or get the library to get it for you.

i wish more would consider the mags like Home Shop Machinist, Model engineer, Model Engineers workshop. You'll get tons of how-tos, builds, projects etc. its a great way to learn

Does anyone have some plans or schematics for a slip roll?

I'm trying to construct a "miniature" slip roll, that will allow me to construct small pipes and cones that have a minimum diameter of 19mm.
    I have a commercial one that has 32mm rolls and it does not suit my application.

Thanks in advance.
    Nick
    Greece

Ps. The fore mentioned cones are for expansion chambers for 2stroke motorcycles. I roll the cones, then tig weld them to form a 2T exhaust.

thanks, I have no plans for what i built, in form it follows pretty closely to a build article in Model Engineers Workshop years ago but i freelanced a little with dimensions. its copyright so i shouldn't copy it - inquire with the mag about back issues or get the library to get it for you.

i wish more would consider the mags like Home Shop Machinist, Model engineer, Model Engineers workshop. You'll get tons of how-tos, builds, projects etc. its a great way to learn
    Have found most info as included in Model Engineers Workshop by G. Thomas. His is 10" max width. Thinking about designing one about 18" max witdth. Wondering what size rollers you used for the 24" width? What is min. dia. can you roll with your size rollers?

I bought this book and made my own. Would have been a lot easier if I had my X3 mill first. I'm always doing things in reverse order!
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Build-Slip-Roll-Machine/dp/1878087142"]Amazon.com: How to Build a Slip Roll Machine (9781878087140): Vincent R Gingery: Books[/ame]

dgoodard, sorry for being tardy, didn't notice your post earlier. The rollers irrc are just under 2", I'll measure next time i dig it out. btw, the MEW i was referring to is the magazine which is where this design was published, not a Geo Thomas book (although those are likewise excellent!)