584,858 active members*
4,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fiber Laser Cutting Parameters

Hello everyone!
    I have bought a new Fiber Laser metal cutting machine two months ago - GN NCF 3015 E - 700W. Its with IPG generator and USA LaserMech Professional Cutting Head /LM. The machine quality is very good (for those who will ask me), and the manufacturer is trusted - there was no problem with the order and the delivery.
    I have a 100W Co2 laser for 4 years, but the things with the Fiber and metal cutting are a bit different.

The guy that installed the machine, have set the cutting parameter for SS and CS for the different material thickness, but I am not happy with them... The gas usage is too big (especially nitrogen), and the cut quality is not the best. I have tried to modify these parameters and I get better results, even with less gas usage. Trying to optimize each parameter by myself is a difficult task and it takes a lot of time. So I decided to write here for your help.

I want to optimize these perimeters for quality the best cut quality and gas consumption.
    I know every machine can have different parameters for best result, but i want to navigate me trough the main logical things to look for when defining the:

- focus distance for CS
    - focus distance for SS
    - cutting speed CS
    - sutting speed SS
    - power settings for SS and CS
    - gas pressure - Oxygen
    - gas pressure - Nitrogen
    - following distance

Something i don't like in this machine - you can't set the nitrogen pressure from the software - just from the reducing valve... And its blowing all of the time for some reason (the option to close the gas while its not cutting is not working). It opens the gas at the begining of the program, and close it after it finishes. I think this is an software issue.
    I have some other questions, but maybe in another thread

I'm sure this will be helpful for a lot of people working with fiber laser, or these who want to buy one.

Thank you, and like every man from Bulgaria says - sorry for my bad English

Best regards,
    Lazarov

Re: Fiber Laser Cutting Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by pabadabihusmihu View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have bought a new Fiber Laser metal cutting machine two months ago - GN NCF 3015 E - 700W. Its with IPG generator and USA LaserMech Professional Cutting Head /LM. The machine quality is very good (for those who will ask me), and the manufacturer is trusted - there was no problem with the order and the delivery.
    I have a 100W Co2 laser for 4 years, but the things with the Fiber and metal cutting are a bit different.

The guy that installed the machine, have set the cutting parameter for SS and CS for the different material thickness, but I am not happy with them... The gas usage is too big (especially nitrogen), and the cut quality is not the best. I have tried to modify these parameters and I get better results, even with less gas usage. Trying to optimize each parameter by myself is a difficult task and it takes a lot of time. So I decided to write here for your help.

I want to optimize these perimeters for quality the best cut quality and gas consumption.
    I know every machine can have different parameters for best result, but i want to navigate me trough the main logical things to look for when defining the:

- focus distance for CS
    - focus distance for SS
    - cutting speed CS
    - sutting speed SS
    - gas pressure - Oxygen
    - following distance

Something i don't like in this machine - you can't set the nitrogen pressure from the software - just from the reducing valve... And its blowing all of the time for some reason (the option to close the gas while its not cutting is not working). It opens the gas at the begining of the program, and close it after it finishes. I think this is an software issue.

I'm sure this will be helpful for a lot of people working with fiber laser, or these who want to buy one.

Best regards,
    Lazarov
    Dear ,you can use the compress air for cutting ,then cost will be lower
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	364688
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    Dear ,you can use the compress air for cutting ,then cost will be lower
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	364688
    Hi Lucy, your air equipment looks nice!, can you post some more info?, brand, capacity, does it have a drier?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pabadabihusmihu View Post
    Hello everyone!

- focus distance for CS
    - focus distance for SS
    - cutting speed CS
    - sutting speed SS
    - gas pressure - Oxygen
    - following distance

Best regards,
    Lazarov
    You have two problems to be sorted out and clear.

First, the protective gas switch control fails during laser cutting. The reason is the problem of the solenoid valve, not the software itself. Just replace the solenoid valve.

Second, the effect of cutting is determined by the following factors,

1 Focal position and focal diameter
    2 Laser power
    3 Nozzle diameter
    4 mode of operation
    5 cutting speed
    6 degrees of polarization
    7 Cutting gas and cutting pressure

Laser cutting machine is a relatively complex equipment that requires professional personnel to operate and maintain.