585,685 active members*
4,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Interface cards for Emco Mills & Lathes

Interface cards for Emco Mills & Lathes

I am an intructor at a Tec school that has 12 Emco trainer lathes and mills. The problem we have is the interface cards will not run on any sofware newer than Win98. The I.T. department here can not support the computers that are running the machines anymore, so we have to upgrade the pc's. Emco wants a lot of money for there cards that will work in XP, so I am looking around to see if there are other cards that might work with the trainers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ken

WELsoft

Ken you might try www.WELsoft.com thay make a up grade for those lathes. Deane

emco

Dear ken,

Its a known problem, I think you mean the rs485 (isa) cards whitch are used on the emco pc mill50 and pcturn 50.

Unfortunately I dont think theres asolution for it based on the hardware that you have. I'ts not even the interface card thats the problem but even the software says when its installed that it will only work on win98.

I think there could be 2 options....

Convert the machines so they will work with mach3 software or make the pc's dual boot so that when needed can be used in xp or vista and when using the emco's reboot to 98.

(btw i'll send you a pm because i have a favor to ask you)

Best regards

Binski

Its a known problem,

I think you mean the isa rs485 interface cards that are used withe the emco pc-mill and pc turn 50 cards.

If that is what you mean than i dont think there is a cheap solution.

Even when installing the software it asks for windows 98.

You could do 2 things, convert the machines so they will work with mach 3 or dual boot the pc's. so when needed boot up in xp/vista and when using the emco's boot up in win 98..

Good luck

best regards

Binski

hi guys... need help..... we have this EMCO compact 5 CNC lathe machine... the thing is... we dont know where the problem lies whether its in the RS 232 communication or the lathe machine itself b'coz the lathe machine indicates program loaded... from the PC but then the CNC will not run the program after we pressed the start button on the cnc