584,837 active members*
5,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > Incorrect voltages and temperature on Fagor 8055m

Incorrect voltages and temperature on Fagor 8055m

Hi everyone, I know this is a long shot but it is worth an ask. I foolishly bought a faulty Fagor 8055m controller thinking I could maybe repair it but so far it has been a case of chasing rainbows. After the test routine at start up there is the usual warning red line on the screen saying that the supply voltages are all wrong and it is overheating. Going to the diagnostic page confirms this. The supply voltages check out OK. When the axis board is removed the problem does not appear and everything is fine. The previous owner had taken this to a Fagor dealer who tested it and declared the CPU board faulty and because of the age it was not possible to supply a replacement. I can't work out what actually measures the voltage and temperature and disconnecting the +15v supply appears to have no effect on the readings in the diagnostics page, it is as if there is nothing actually measuring the voltage and the system is somehow guessing them. I have replaced various suspect chips including the CPU's to no avail. So the questions are has anyone encountered this before and does anyone know what chip would actually be capable of measuring the voltages. I have checked the voltage stabiliser chip (ad588jq) which is the only chip that I can see that actually receives all the voltages seems to work these are expensive to replace and I can't be certain it is faulty, and now I have run out of ideas and enthusiasm, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave

[QUOTE=Bdrangdo;2057812]Hi everyone, I know this is a long shot but it is worth an ask. I foolishly bought a faulty Fagor 8055m controller thinking I could maybe repair it but so far it has been a case of chasing rainbows. After the test routine at start up there is the usual warning red line on the screen saying that the supply voltages are all wrong and it is overheating. Going to the diagnostic page confirms this. The supply voltages check out OK. When the axis board is removed the problem does not appear and everything is fine. The previous owner had taken this to a Fagor dealer who tested it and declared the CPU board faulty and because of the age it was not possible to supply a replacement. I can't work out what actually measures the voltage and temperature and disconnecting the +15v supply appears to have no effect on the readings in the diagnostics page, it is as if there is nothing actually measuring the voltage and the system is somehow guessing them. I have replaced various suspect chips including the CPU's to no avail. So the questions are has anyone encountered this before and does anyone know what chip would actually be capable of measuring the voltages. I have checked the voltage stabiliser chip (ad588jq) which is the only chip that I can see that actually receives all the voltages seems to work these are expensive to replace and I can't be certain it is faulty, and now I have run out of ideas and enthusiasm, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave[/QUOTE

Can you solve it?

Re: Incorrect voltages and temperature on Fagor 8055m

No I have not solved it as yet. I have replaced the ADC ic's and the octal transmit/receive ic's (74245) and various others but it is still the same. I still have the control but gave up on it long ago.Cheers Dave

Oh so sorry to hear that do you have the cnc with keyboard and screen?

Quote Originally Posted by kcho View Post
    Oh so sorry to hear that do you have the cnc with keyboard and screen?
    It turned out to be a faulty axis board,it's fine now. Dave