584,337 active members*
6,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dmm servo kits

Hey guys I'm doing a retrofit on my lead well Mcvop used to have a Mitsubishi meldas M3 anyways I went with the centroid oak board I've had experience with CCentroid before and I really like their products what are guys thoughts on these DMM servos I know this question is has been answered before but my question is the magnetic encoders how do those compare to the opticals? Can anyone comment on how the good the resolution is that has run the dmm products ?? Also my ballscrew lead is 10 mm direct drive

Re: Dmm servo kits

Well I'm just in the middle of finishing my setup with DMM servo's 1000 watt on the knee and 750 watt on x and y in the Dmm software to read and save setting we then ran the motors from that software in motor tuning and found that Z in a 2:1 ratio caugth me off guard and move the knee up fast and not even breaking a sweat so far very impress. In a couple days I'm take a video and post for you to see. As for your encoder question maybe someone else can comment.

Quote Originally Posted by suppermaxxin View Post
    Hey guys I'm doing a retrofit on my lead well Mcvop used to have a Mitsubishi meldas M3 anyways I went with the centroid oak board I've had experience with CCentroid before and I really like their products what are guys thoughts on these DMM servos I know this question is has been answered before but my question is the magnetic encoders how do those compare to the opticals? Can anyone comment on how the good the resolution is that has run the dmm products ?? Also my ballscrew lead is 10 mm direct drive
    Just posted this video in another thread, this was using the Dmm low voltage Drives ( Dyna 2 ) 750w motors @ 1:1 with 5mm pitch Ballscrews, the encoders are world class with there 8bit security, so you won't have to worry about that part

With having a 10mm pitch Ballscrew, you would need a larger motor or use a reduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJaIowXwAY
    Mactec54

Do you think I will require larger my Motors original are 1kw direct drive ?

Quote Originally Posted by suppermaxxin View Post
    Do you think I will require larger my Motors original are 1kw direct drive ?

1Kw should be fine if that is what the machine had before, is this a linear rail machine
    Mactec54