584,865 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Mini CNC Plasma Table Using the Eastwood plasma table for the base.

Mini CNC Plasma Table Using the Eastwood plasma table for the base.

OK Guy's here's a little LightningCam side project I put together because it seems I only cut small stuff and I've had big tables and hate them as they are always in the way. This one is based off the Eastwood hand cutting table. The Eastwood table table was a nice find for a mini CNC plasma cutter and it has replaceable slats. It's about 18" X 24". I actually use some sweet stand offs I found to raise the work up so that when cutting it never hurts the slats. Here's a bunch of pics for everyone. I've used it a bunch of times and it works great. Hiwin 20 rails (way over kill) and a custom torch holder and slide assembly. It's a one armed bandit LightningCam setup. This is not for sale and I'm not advertising it even though it is under my LightningCam Trademark. I'm just showing this so if anyone needs a small table they can build one. It's not hard. I'm using a nice red toolbox as the control box, works awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2947.jpg  

Re: Mini CNC Plasma Table Using the Eastwood plasma table for the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadstercycle View Post
    OK Guy's here's a little LightningCam side project I put together because it seems I only cut small stuff and I've had big tables and hate them as they are always in the way. This one is based off the Eastwood hand cutting table. The Eastwood table table was a nice find for a mini CNC plasma cutter and it has replaceable slats. It's about 18" X 24". I actually use some sweet stand offs I found to raise the work up so that when cutting it never hurts the slats. Here's a bunch of pics for everyone. I've used it a bunch of times and it works great. Hiwin 20 rails (way over kill) and a custom torch holder and slide assembly. It's a one armed bandit LightningCam setup. This is not for sale and I'm not advertising it even though it is under my LightningCam Trademark. I'm just showing this so if anyone needs a small table they can build one. It's not hard. I'm using a nice red toolbox as the control box, works awesome.
    Roadstercycle, nice job if you haven't been told already! I am new to the forum and somewhat new to the CNC world. Like yourself, I have a need for a small CNC plasma table but truthfully, lack the time or patience to build one. I am not a production shop, more or less on the custom woodwork side and we also do some light metal work. I can't rely on local fab shops for my small jobs as they are not dependable with schedules and not consistent with pricing. So I've been looking at this small CNC Plasma Cutter: Langmuir Systems | CrossFire CNC Plasma Tables (which looks a lot like yours)! How much trouble to you think it would be to add a Z axis with THC and any suggestions on how to do it? You seem to have a good handle on this type of thing so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks, DJ