585,670 active members*
4,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas battery replaced/Need to reset parameters

Haas battery replaced/Need to reset parameters

2 days ago I powered on my Haas mini mill and had several alarms going off, beeping, and auto shutoff all on startup. After doing some investigating on the computer I found that it was most likely the battery on the main processor board in the back of the machine. I have replaced that with the dual battery holder from haas and it has not fixed the problem.

Do I need to reset the parameters? If so, how is this done? I was not able to back up the machine because I couldn't get past the screen in the attached picture or clear the alarms.

There is a usb drive in the back of machine labeled "recovery information" Is this of any use?

Here are the alarms I am getting:
    (not in any particular order)

272 - C Axis Motor Overheat
    276 - C Axis Drive Fault
    678 - TT Axis Drive Fault
    250 - Prog Data Error
    135 - X Axis Motor Overheat
    119 - Overvoltage Fault
    249 - Prog Data Begins Odd
    177 - Overvoltage Shutdown

The machine is only 5 years old so I hope this isn't something catastrophic.
    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Re: Haas battery replaced/Need to reset parameters

from post 36 in this thread :- http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas-m...w-battery.html

"You should have a USB stick that came with your mchine that has the parameters as it shipped from the factory. Usually it is in the electrical cabinet."

its a pity you didn't fit the new batteries before you lost the parameters from your Volatile memory (CMOS memory )
    did you not get a battery low alam before you lost the parameters ?

so yes, the usb drive is your get out of jail card

John

I just had my new mini mill initialized on Wed.
    It did not come with the USB backup. He called the factory and apparently this is now all done online. I suppose they assume I have a wireless network. I do, but some don't. I would still like to have a stinking backup physically available. Companies are relying wayyyyy to heavily on the cloud as the only source for backup. Fusion 360 has taken some steps to resolve customer issues here. The Next Gen software may not have been out long enough for CMOS batteries to start dying yet, but I bet it will bite many customers down the line at some point.
    Lee

If I understood the Haas tech when he was at my shop, the nexgen boards don't use/need backup cmos batteries.

Ahh. Well that would make sense. He had to call the factory about it. Just mentioned that no Backup USB are supplied any longer. Everything is taken care of online now. Guess one of my next moves will be to actually connect it and see whats up with that.
    Lee

I have same problem on my haas DT-1, I turn on the machine monday and apeears several alarms and turn off in 15 seconds, then I measure the battery and goes 2,59Vdc, so I replaced this and the erros keep going and the machine continues to turn off, I try to do the full recovery system with the USB flash but not go well;
    here some errors:

Haas tecnical service here in Brazil are very expensive, something about 1500 dollars to fix this
    any help?