585,692 active members*
4,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC 6040 Jamming problem

Hi guys,

Been a few days using the CNC 6040 and it seemed to be working well. I have now noticed a significant jarring sound when going around round edges at normal speeds and high speeds, altering the acceleration and speeds has not changed the problem. Settings are at default and I am using Planet CNC USB. I've attached a video of the problem:

https://youtu.be/2QNE5FxFoYI

Can anyone advise on what could be the issue? A quick response will be much appreciated .

Thanks,

Raj

Re: CNC 6040 Jamming problem

Any ideas anyone?

Strange, I have exact same CNC machine ( I think ), although mine os working fine 95% of time, I get this jamming in one direction from time to time in X direction ( the longest one ) and it screw over the whole part when that happens, cause software is thinking that it moved when it actually jammed for a second and then moved... everything is misaligned from that point on. I can't find out what is going on. ( I oiled everything, and its doing it at random, so its hard to pint point the position when it does that ). In your case, how is your CNC connected to PC ? I have older controller with LP port, and when I tried PCI LP card and USB LP card the motors were doing same sound as yours: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=024wPeIXkBI when I changed board with integrated LP port it worked fine... ( but probably not your issue )

Connected to the PC via USB, with a USB CNC controller board. It doesn't jump as such and will continue to cut fine but the sound is just terrible and I haven't cut anything on it since, just in case it's a mechanical issue. I'm wondering now if it's a controller issue, but I can't be sure, I hope someone can shed some light on this issue.