584,866 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CHINESE ROUTER SOFTWARE

HI-
    I just picked up a Chinese mini router 20 X 30 size from E-Bay. The name on the sticker is CNCEST. It was delivered out of Ontario Ca. in just 3 days, and was nicely packaged and
    mechanically complete, so I had it on my bench within 30 minutes with all cables attached to an old Dell computer with Windows XP. The manual that came with it was a poor photocopied series of screen shots that were un readable and the script was in the typical "Chinglish".

The problem was with the installation disc- it kept giving me an error and wouldn't run. I tried it on another computer with the same result, so I'm sure the disc is corrupted. I worked my way through the XML file setup and got close. My steppers are energized and the Mach 3 DRO shows movement when I give a G-code command, but no stepper motion, so it must be in the step and direction signals.

If anyone else has experience with these units, I would appreciate any help, because so far my requests for a new disc have gone unanswered.

Here is a photo of the unit

Attachment 367814

Re: CHINESE ROUTER SOFTWARE

Quote Originally Posted by jdclark View Post
    HI-
    I just picked up a Chinese mini router 20 X 30 size from E-Bay. The name on the sticker is CNCEST. It was delivered out of Ontario Ca. in just 3 days, and was nicely packaged and
    mechanically complete, so I had it on my bench within 30 minutes with all cables attached to an old Dell computer with Windows XP. The manual that came with it was a poor photocopied series of screen shots that were un readable and the script was in the typical "Chinglish".

The problem was with the installation disc- it kept giving me an error and wouldn't run. I tried it on another computer with the same result, so I'm sure the disc is corrupted. I worked my way through the XML file setup and got close. My steppers are energized and the Mach 3 DRO shows movement when I give a G-code command, but no stepper motion, so it must be in the step and direction signals.

If anyone else has experience with these units, I would appreciate any help, because so far my requests for a new disc have gone unanswered.

Here is a photo of the unit

Attachment 367814
    Download:
    Mach3 - Newfangled Solutions

inf:
    Software & Downloads - Newfangled Solutions

Thanks,
    But I already have a licensed copy of Mach 3.

When you say got the xml close, what did you chance? The choice of ports, pins and polarity for step/direction on that machine would be my first target for scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    When you say got the xml close, what did you chance? The choice of ports, pins and polarity for step/direction on that machine would be my first target for scrutiny.
    I actually found a series of screen shots showing all the setups in Ports & Pins for all the selections. As I said before, the stepper are energized, but I'm not getting the step signal to make them move. I tried changing from active high to active low etc. in about every combination I could think of with no luck.
    On my other machine the port & Pin settings for the axes are as follows-
    X 2 3 DIR LOW ACTIVE red STEP LOW ACTIVE red STEP PORT 1 DIR PORT 1
    Y 4 5
    Z 6 7
    A 8 9

On this router they are

X 16 17 ( kinda odd) DIR LOW ACTIVE green STEP LOW ACTIVE green STEP PORT 1 DIR PORT 1
    Y 4 5
    Z 6 7
    A 2 3