585,744 active members*
4,522 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie to CNC with a eBay 3040

Just received my eBay 3040 CNC machine today. Wanted to try a cheap one to see how I like it before I move up to a larger one. Bought this machine:

4AXIS 3040 CNC Router Engraver Engraving Drilling Milling Machine USB 3D Cutter | eBay

Now I have it out of the box and up on my table. There was no software or drivers for it in the box. I've contacted the seller about that. But don't know what to do now. Any free software out there to try? What do I do now?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Newbie to CNC with a eBay 3040

On the ad, they specifically mention that it includes a copy of Mach3.

Give them a day or so to reply, then hit them again with a warning that you'll apply to eBay for a "not as described" refund unless you get a copy of Mach3 as described in the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    On the ad, they specifically mention that it includes a copy of Mach3.

Give them a day or so to reply, then hit them again with a warning that you'll apply to eBay for a "not as described" refund unless you get a copy of Mach3 as described in the ad.
    Thanks! I had already planned on that!

Quote Originally Posted by dhearn View Post
    Just received my eBay 3040 CNC machine today. Wanted to try a cheap one to see how I like it before I move up to a larger one. Bought this machine:

4AXIS 3040 CNC Router Engraver Engraving Drilling Milling Machine USB 3D Cutter | eBay

Now I have it out of the box and up on my table. There was no software or drivers for it in the box. I've contacted the seller about that. But don't know what to do now. Any free software out there to try? What do I do now?

Thanks in advance!
    I have the same machine- see my thread under " CHINESE ROUTER SOFTWARE"
    I got the installation disc, but it has an error and the printed manual is illegible and written in "Chinglish". I contacted them and asked for a new disc and they asked me to send a video proving that the machine doesn't work. I opted for the unit shipped out of California, figuring there might be someone there to help with technical questions, but I suspect it is some guy in China just using a fulfillment warehouse to ship the machines. I'm going to try to figure it out over the weekend, and if I can't get it to work, it's going back in the box and off to California.

Quote Originally Posted by jdclark View Post
    I have the same machine- see my thread under " CHINESE ROUTER SOFTWARE"
    I got the installation disc, but it has an error and the printed manual is illegible and written in "Chinglish". I contacted them and asked for a new disc and they asked me to send a video proving that the machine doesn't work. I opted for the unit shipped out of California, figuring there might be someone there to help with technical questions, but I suspect it is some guy in China just using a fulfillment warehouse to ship the machines. I'm going to try to figure it out over the weekend, and if I can't get it to work, it's going back in the box and off to California.
    Same problems here. Lady named Linda (that's her American name) finally did send me the software that installed. But when you open it, it craps out with an error. It's all pirated software so I had already planned on purchasing a legit copy that works. All I really wanted was the driver which I got.