584,802 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Shopmaster/Shoptask > Some help with a buying decision on a Bridgemill

Some help with a buying decision on a Bridgemill

I have found a 2002-2005 Bridgemill locally. But not being familiar with the machine I was hoping for some opinions. It's got the DRO feature and some tooling. Overall, it's in pretty good shape. I don't think it's seen a lot of use. The only thing I could find wrong was the lathe power switch was broke and was replaced with (what appears to be) a standard light switch.

Does $2,000 sound like a good price for a machine like this given the limited information?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgemill.jpg  

Re: Some help with a buying decision on a Bridgemill

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    I have found a 2002-2005 Bridgemill locally. But not being familiar with the machine I was hoping for some opinions. It's got the DRO feature and some tooling. Overall, it's in pretty good shape. I don't think it's seen a lot of use. The only thing I could find wrong was the lathe power switch was broke and was replaced with (what appears to be) a standard light switch.

Does $2,000 sound like a good price for a machine like this given the limited information?

Thanks.
    Duckster,
    Check with JT at Shoptask and give him the serial number and send some pictures if you can. He can look up the file and tell you the original price and what all was sold with it. He can also give you some tips on things to look for to save you money later on. My second Shoptask machine was a Bridgemill and I paid around 2495.00 new.

Already in contact with JT.

$2,500 new??? 15 years ago? For some reason I thought they sold for twice that.

Suddenly $2,000 isn't sounding like the deal I thought it was.

Re: Some help with a buying decision on a Bridgemill

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Already in contact with JT.

$2,500 new??? 15 years ago? For some reason I thought they sold for twice that.

Suddenly $2,000 isn't sounding like the deal I thought it was.
    It depends on how it's fitted out. Some of the Bridgemills with full CNC, DRO and ball screws went for around 5K in those days. But even a standard one in good shape is a better unit than the new ones from Harbor Freight etc.

Okay. JT said it's probably worth around $1,800.

Thanks for the input.