584,837 active members*
5,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCam Simulation

SprutCam Simulation

how do you get your model into " simulation " so your machining on your model and not a block..? Are there any videos that go thru this and the set-up..?

Re: SprutCam Simulation

Hello. You can find a lot of examples with simulation on youtube. Also, I advise you to see examples that are included in your SprutCAM (Examlpes folder) - There are already done projects, so you can practice on them.

Have you figured this out? I have made some progress doing the same thing, but not perfect yet.

I have a piece I cut on a waterjet that I would take my mill for a final operation. I created a CAD file of the rough waterjet part, and another of the finished part after milling. I imported both models, one as the part and one as the workpiece.

Seemed to work great. I no longer had the block around the part. The workpiece was the model I imported. Before I did this I had unnecessary tool paths cutting air instead of being limited to the actual workpiece.

The simulation is odd, however. It shows material underneath the workpiece. The top contour is correct, it is the workpiece I imported, but the bottom is not.

Close, but not quite right yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by shassel View Post
    Have you figured this out? I have made some progress doing the same thing, but not perfect yet.

I have a piece I cut on a waterjet that I would take my mill for a final operation. I created a CAD file of the rough waterjet part, and another of the finished part after milling. I imported both models, one as the part and one as the workpiece.

Seemed to work great. I no longer had the block around the part. The workpiece was the model I imported. Before I did this I had unnecessary tool paths cutting air instead of being limited to the actual workpiece.

The simulation is odd, however. It shows material underneath the workpiece. The top contour is correct, it is the workpiece I imported, but the bottom is not.

Close, but not quite right yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Change to Voxel 5D instead of 3D. its right below the Slider to adjust simulation speed.

Changing to Voxel 5D didn't alter anything. But changing simulation to SOLID worked. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by shassel View Post
    Changing to Voxel 5D didn't alter anything. But changing simulation to SOLID worked. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.
    I forgot to mention to hit the reset button. Typically that will fix it. Solid as you put it does as well although I've always found 5D to be the most reliable. As long as it's working that's the important part