584,800 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: 1kW Chinese fiber laser cutter

Razzmeister - can't just add a fiber source to a CO2 machine. You need a proper metal cutting head and a controller for it. It's heavy so you need servo motors to move the gantry. You need to run the fiber, gas tubing and water cooling tubing to the head. By the time you are done you might as well have bought a proper fiber laser cutter. BTW, the fiber source is the expensive bit - a 500W source will set you back app. USD 10K.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzmeister View Post
    Zaatar, I had a look at the Golden Laser website - a good range of products. I have a little workshop that does Industrial insulation and a small part of that is sheet metal work which are being cut with nibblers at the moment. I am planning to tap into the architectural metal art market now and want to get a fibre laser cutter. I have a few options - Build the table and gantry myself and get someone to install the electronics to get it going, or plan B is I can lay my hands on a 150w Co2 laser in very good condition and maybe just change the CO2 laser to Fibre? My wife is also an arty farty and she would like to cut non-metal materials as well. What do you guys reckon?
    If you’re not looking at tight tolerances, have you thought about CNC plasma?

For ‘art’ pieces and architectural it is probably much better value for money - plus you can attach it to that cheap CO2 and run them both, with appropriate protection from power spikes.

Zaatar, are you able to send me more info on the machine you purchased - model number etc. please? I need to get the ball rolling and are not sure where to start.

Ladaero, I thought about plasma but my other half wants to do non-metal materials as well and therefore the idea of getting a 1.5m x 2.5m 150w CO2 laser cnc on the al-cheapo and add a Fibre head to the same head system.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzmeister View Post
    Ladaero, I thought about plasma but my other half wants to do non-metal materials as well and therefore the idea of getting a 1.5m x 2.5m 150w CO2 laser cnc on the al-cheapo and add a Fibre head to the same head system.
    Except, there’s no such thing as an el-cheapo fibre laser module - even a low-powered one (30W) is US$3K. But what do you want to cut with it? It only has a very limited application outside metal cutting. It can cut wood and fabric, in very,very limited circumstances, but they are very limited indeed. Or did I read that wrong and you’re cutting conventional with the CO2 and metal with the fibre?

I’m going to teach myself to weld (or get taught) and then I will be able to justify buying a plasma

My budget would be around the $10k USD. Most materials will be 2mm and thinner and mostly carbon steel, Aluminium and Stainless steel. My wife wants to cut acrylic, leather and up to 6mm wood perhaps. Welding is really not hard and you should pick it up in no time.

This is the right way to figure out what kind of laser cutter machine would be good for you. I think you XTLaser laser cutter machine is better than other machines that you mentioned here. But you should analyze it properly before buying it.

Considering your condition, I think you might want to see: https://www.bodor.com/index1.html
    For reference only...

Quote Originally Posted by CeliaB View Post
    Considering your condition, I think you might want to see: https://www.bodor.com/index1.html
    For reference only...
    How long have you worked for Bodor, Celia?

We have redesigned our product so it we use mostly 3mm aluminum. Most we talk to suggest nLight as laser source as they seems to be the king when it comes to aluminum compare to IPG or Raycus, i don't know but more than one have suggested this and also a few websites. And i just found this video and happy to see that 1KW can cut 3mm in such fast pace. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt-V_q4jwBo+ But i doubht it... But strange if XL-laser would lie about it. I have emailed them and waiting to see what they say.

Is Raytools good enough? I saw that Precitec would be Rolls Roys, but how does Raytools BM111 compare?

We are looking at to buy an open 3000x1500mm, nLight 2000W (1000W if the video above is correct), Raytools BM111, from TX-laser or Golden or Bodor.

Any comments?

Isn't there a place for recommendation? I suggest what I think is good for reference, that's it. Did you buy any Bodor machines?

Good time of day. Please tell me, the BCS100 unit controls the z axis ? What kind of laser head do you use? Control Board of the machine?

Hello
    You can visit our website, we are laser machine manufacturer from China. If you can't find a suitable laser device, you can also customize it from us.
    Thank you
    EMITLASER
    [email protected]

Bodor laser is truely a good company, we have used their machine for more than 3 years. It's still operating very well, and even there are some confuses during the work, their after sales man can solve it in time. And I'm going to buy another machine recently from the company

It would be great if you can provide your review on the buying experience from stylecnc in particular the after sales service and availablity of support and spare parts lead delivery time.

Regards,

I purchased a 1KW fiber laser from Bescutter a year ago. It uses a Raycus laser and CypCut for it's software. My experience has been good, though I am mostly cutting high quantities of the same four parts.

I will say that the advertised speeds of cutting didn't take the piercing into account. So, if you are cutting smaller parts with thicker material I would keep that in mind. In hindsight, I would have purchased a more powerful laser. Though, the good news is that the company will put a more powerful laser in the same machine if you need an upgrade further down the road.

I would also in hindsight have samples of all the materials you will be cutting when they are first setting up the machine. A technician has to dial in cutting parameters for each material. This is best done when you have the technician physically present. They can do it remotely, or they can send a technician in later, but it's nice to just have all the parameters loaded up. Once the parameters are dialed in though the cutting is consistent and there isn't much tweaking that needs to be done. There is often slight variations in the metal we get from our suppliers, but I haven't had to alter any of the original parameters so far.

Good day Zaatar, May I ask what the costs were for your machine please?

Page 2 of 2 12